Norwegian Star Deluxe Owners Suite 12002

dodge9

Hi! We just got upgraded to the Deluxe Owners Suite Category SA suite 12002.... we were in the Penthouse with Large Balcony Category SG.... will we miss the balcony? The deluxe owners suite looks amazing though... does anyone have any RECENT photos or video... everything I find is pretty old. We felt we couldn't pass up the upgrade even though there is no balcony. Hope we made the right choice. Looking forward to some first hand info on the suite! THANKS!

Hi! We just got upgraded to the Deluxe Owners Suite Category SA suite 12002.... we were in the Penthouse with Large Balcony Category SG.... will we miss the balcony? The deluxe owners suite looks amazing though... does anyone have any RECENT photos or video... everything I find is pretty old. We felt we couldn't pass up the upgrade even though there is no balcony. Hope we made the right choice. Looking forward to some first hand info on the suite! THANKS!

Is that one of the middle two DOS, or one of the two end ones?

We had one of the end DOS on the Dawn, and the view was AMAZING. Same as what the Captain sees.

It was DH's first cruise, so he didn't miss a balcony.

However, last year we had an OS (should be called DOS at the very least) on the Sun, heading north to Alaska. THAT was one phenomenal suite for that cruise. It's large, across the front with view also, but has a huge balcony (plus a private Hot Tub).

Anyway, that DOS without a balcony, it's obviously a personal decision.

If a balcony isn't an absolutely essential feature, this is a *wonderful* suite.

Also, there is a relatively uncrowded outdoor area on Deck 13 just up a flight of steps, at least on the Dawn.

Thanks... it is one of the outside ones. I think we made the right decision. I have gone to Alaska six times and four of the six we had a suite all the way forward... best view by far. We had the Deluxe Owners suite on the pearl that has a HUGE HUGE HUGE balcony with hot tub, was beyond fantastic. But the more I hear about this room, the more excited I get. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Thanks... it is one of the outside ones. I think we made the right decision. I have gone to Alaska six times and four of the six we had a suite all the way forward... best view by far. We had the Deluxe Owners suite on the pearl that has a HUGE HUGE HUGE balcony with hot tub, was beyond fantastic. But the more I hear about this room, the more excited I get. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Great. Assuming it's all arranged as ours was on the Dawn, the bed has a remarkable forward view. We have a terrific photo taken while we were lying down (heads on pillows, of course), with the view over our toes :)

The two end DOS have far more window/view than the two middle DOS.

(But for those with more people, the middle DOS have 2BR and 2BA.)

That DOS on the Pearl... is that the one up the stairs?

You weren't bothered by the noise from the pool area?

[We had selected a 2BR Haven Suite when we were on the Pearl. (We don't really need the extra BR, although DH joked that he had an office (!?), but the extra BA is always convenient.]

Enjoy - it's a great suite, lots of room, and that VIEW!

Oh a nice surprise that was NOT shown on the Floor Plan (at least on the Dawn): The "wing" that overhangs the side of the ship (with the Bridge)... you can look all the way back, along the side of the ship.

(The Floor Plan, last we looked, showed that with walls. Not so!)

yes the deluxe owners suite with the stairs... we had no noise from the pool, but it was Alaska and not a Caribbean party....

I stayed in the two bedroom on the Pearl when we took my Dad (one of those non fwd Alaska cruises lol)... it was great that he had his own space. Great cabin. Dad was a trooper, battling cancer, but did Alaska with IV feeding and all. Special memories from that trip, he passed a few months later. It is good for luggage storage and an extra bath for sure with just two of you. We wanted it for this upcoming cruise, but they would only upgrade to the deluxe owners suite and not that one. I had read about the better window view from the outside one... that makes me feel better. Originally I wanted the two bathrooms, but this one seems like a better view!

Doing Celebrity for the first time next year and quite disappointed only in concierge class and not a suite... the suites are super expensive and the minimum priced ones are already gone... I can't remember last time I cruised in a non suite!

yes the deluxe owners suite with the stairs... we had no noise from the pool, but it was Alaska and not a Caribbean party....

I stayed in the two bedroom on the Pearl when we took my Dad (one of those non fwd Alaska cruises lol)... it was great that he had his own space. Great cabin. Dad was a trooper, battling cancer, but did Alaska with IV feeding and all. Special memories from that trip, he passed a few months later. It is good for luggage storage and an extra bath for sure with just two of you. We wanted it for this upcoming cruise, but they would only upgrade to the deluxe owners suite and not that one. I had read about the better window view from the outside one... that makes me feel better. Originally I wanted the two bathrooms, but this one seems like a better view!

Doing Celebrity for the first time next year and quite disappointed only in concierge class and not a suite... the suites are super expensive and the minimum priced ones are already gone... I can't remember last time I cruised in a non suite! But going to Iceland, Ireland and Scotland, so worth it!

Doing Celebrity for the first time next year and quite disappointed only in concierge class and not a suite... the suites are super expensive and the minimum priced ones are already gone... I can't remember last time I cruised in a non suite! But going to Iceland, Ireland and Scotland, so worth it!

How very nice that you had such a special time with your father!

That 2BR suite would be perfect for a situation like yours, all together so you can keep an eye on him, but also privacy for all of you when you want it.

We've definitely gotten spoiled by some of the NCL suites, which did surprise us. The amount of space and also the quality of a couple of Butlers also surprised us.

Thus far, our favorite ship is Oceania's Riviera. LOVED it. And found that the PH suite, although smaller, was, as we had read, quite a good use of the space. Did I mention we loved that ship?? :)

We've just decided to take a Norwegian coastal cruise with Hurtigruten (yes, a ferry). We managed to get one of the two Owner Suites, which will at least get us some space and a precious (and large) aft balcony. We understand that the type of accommodations and services will be quite different. Never had aft before, but the ship has what seems to be a wonderful two story observation lounge forward.

We are going on an Astronomy-themed cruise, with hopes to see the Northern Lights. (Fingers crossed.)

DH was (very) late to the party with regards to cruising. (He had just refused, and yup, now is sorry, but I went without him a few times.)

And he's only had suites (I started decades ago with an inside).

He knows that *he* will be the Butler on this particular cruise ;)

(Well, he always gets up early and brings something back anyway, hotel or cruise, so it's not really much different...)

We are having some difficulty finding other cruise lines/ships with nice suites and Butler service (something we definitely do use, and, yes, tip well). We aren't sure we want the "all included" luxury lines, because we won't use most of the "extras". DH also wants some degree of informality/flexibility throughout the days and also the evenings.

(On the other hand, the QM2 Queens Grill is on our "maybe" list, for the experience.)

If you have any recommendations, we'd love to hear them.

You can also email us at the e-address in our signature.

Thanks very much!

You have had some great experiences. I am not sure I would like a non mainstream cruise line. My first cruise was on a vvery small ship... Dolphin IV and I just prefer the bells and whistles and bigger ship lol.

FINGERS CROSSED for sure for you to see the Northern Lights. We were originally going to do a land trip to Iceland in March to see them, but then I saw the ten night Celebrity cruise and couldn't pass it up... it goes end of April/May so most unlikely to see the Northern Lights.. but you never know...