Birthday

RocketmanRon

It will be my wife's birthday when we next go on a Fred Olsen cruise.

I have noticed previously that the crew sing Happy Birthday and present a cake to a passenger when it is their birthday.

Do Fred Olsen do this using the information they have or does the crew need to be notified?

It will be my wife's birthday when we next go on a Fred Olsen cruise.

I have noticed previously that the crew sing Happy Birthday and present a cake to a passenger when it is their birthday.

Do Fred Olsen do this using the information they have or does the crew need to be notified?

Hi

They will use the information from your passport and booking documents when they present the cake at your dinner table. If it is a special birthday (50, 60, 70 etc) there will be a gift and a special breakfast delivered to your cabin.

Have a great cruise. :D

We had the 40th Wedding Anniversary package year or two ago and certain 'big numbers were allowed a complimentary package', though others had to be booked and paid for. We still had to contact them and arrange when we wanted the cake delivered to the table. I think birthdays are the same, but you could check on their website or the brochure (we saw that we were entitled to the complimentary package and contacted them - we had to send copy of wedding Certificate for that).

It is possible that these things used to come automatically but are now paid for things, so I do think you need to ring Fred if it is unclear and you want the cake.

This seems to solve the querie:-

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise-extras/special-occasion-packages/celebrate-on-your-cruise-holiday

Basically, if it is a 'special birthday' (they give specific numbers), you can have a complimentary package, but you still have to 'Let them know'. Others pay £75.

Going by our anniversary package, the brochure then said we got cava instead of champagne delivered with the canapes. It was a vintage bottle compared to the normal AI cava, so we drank the AI and brought the vintage bottle home.

As I said we still had to arrange a specific day, which we did with the people in head office, but that info had not been passed to the ship. Hence, we had some problems on board - you need to speak to staff on the ship, (reception I think), to check all is as expected.

Part of the pack we got also included flowers or chocolates in the cabin on arrival and we had asked if we could have chocolates as I am asthmatic so can have problems with some flowers. Unfortunately, flowers were in the cabin when we arrived - we did not feel we could ask for that to be changed as it was a complimentary package. It was a nice thought though.

The present was a photo frame, which fitted our complimentary photo. We had 2 or three photos taken on board and were allowed to choose any of those as the free one.

So not bad for a free package - thank you Fred.

Edited by tring

Our celebration breakfast for a 60th birthday aboard the Black Watch included lobster and eggs benedict. It was free and a lovely gesture but we just couldn't eat it at that time of day! So we asked them to serve it for our evening meal instead.

It is her 70th birthday, will I get breakfast as well?:)

It is all detailed on Fred's website if you follow the link I gave in #5 (see top RHS of each post for the number).

You will still have to tell Fred's head office though and ask for the complimentary package as is says on their website. It will not just come automatically.

Barbara

There were four of us, twin sisters with husbands and all of us had the breakfasts delivered to our cabins. We were sharing a dinner table with two other friends and that evening the six of us divided out the lobster and eggs benedict between us. Quite good fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Subject to the birthday being celebrated whilst the guest is on board this should happen automatically, however if you would like us to make a note on the booking please contact us at internet@fredolsen.co.uk with your details.

As this is a special birthday you may wish to refer to the website for full details http://www.fredolsencruises.com/before-you-cruise/travel-information/special-occasions/celebrate-on-your-cruise-holiday

We hope this helps.

Kind regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

Edited by Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines