Balcony mid ship on the Jewel?

Trellaine

This is probably a long shot but when I booked my cruise I chose an outside cabin with picture window. Ended up the room was the second last cabin in the rear.

I asked about how much to go midship. NCL then offered me a balcony midship. Literally looks in the middle. And for $30 cheaper than my original cabin.

Oh I'll be on deck 10 if that helps.

Is there maybe an obstruction/bar below me etc? It seemed too good to be true as a first time cruiser.

Hopefully I made the right decision to switch.

Cheers

None.

None of the balconies on the Jewel class ships are obstructed - with the exception of the forward "hull" balconies, which are enclosed a little bit

All deck 10 mid balconies are wide open. You will look over the rail and peer straight down into the sea.

Mid ship deck ten balcony...you'll love it. And you only have other cabins above and below you. The Jewel is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew. She has the Great Outdoors, The top/forward Spinnaker lounge, bridge viewing room port side deck 11 all the way forward, and an excellent buffet. The deck 7 promenade deck is very nice for just walking. Prepare to become addicted. Oh...once a balcony....always a balcony.

OV to mid-ship balc for less money? Awesome Deal!

Ya I've never cruised but did lots of research including picking a cabin etc. Thought it was a bit strange to be offered this for $30 less.

Even the ocean view midship was going to be more. *shrug*

Perhaps one reason might be this is a repositioning cruise. Maybe they have lots left for end of sept. Sailing.

It's all a mystery but looking forward to my journey.

Ya I've never cruised but did lots of research including picking a cabin etc. Thought it was a bit strange to be offered this for $30 less.

Even the ocean view midship was going to be more. *shrug*

Perhaps one reason might be this is a repositioning cruise. Maybe they have lots left for end of sept. Sailing.

It's all a mystery but looking forward to my journey.

A good deal experience for a first timer. Don't get used to it:)

I got a free upgrade on the Pearl from inside to obstructed ocean view on my first cruise. I'm now booked in one of those closed hull balconies, my first balcony at that and wouldn't mind and upgrade to an open balcony but not holding my breath. Both are repos