is it loud near the laundry on QM2?

mamabear52

We are a couple of doors down from the laundry on the 5th floor of QM2. I appreciate the convenience of having the laundry a few doors away but am worried that loud late night laundry parties will be happening. Is this a legitimate worry? Or should I just bring earplugs?

thanks!!

We are a couple of doors down from the laundry on the 5th floor of QM2. I appreciate the convenience of having the laundry a few doors away but am worried that loud late night laundry parties will be happening. Is this a legitimate worry? Or should I just bring earplugs?

thanks!!

No it closed at 20.00

thanks!!

Hi mamabear. I've never heard of a 'late night laundry party' on QM2, although it does sound like nice clean fun :D

• 7 months later...

hello, we are done with the cruise now. There was no noise near the laundry room If anyone wants to know, there are 4 washers, 4 dryers, and 2 irons/ironing boards in the laundry room. The laundry soap is free, as is the use of the w/d and irons. :)

We had 5214 on our first TA. We had 5210 on our next TA. And I tried to get around there on my upcoming TA but nothing was available.

The only noise is sometimes people waiting for their dryer to finish, or trying to get a machine, stand in the hall and talk. But it's only during the day (10-7.) Earlier or later than that most people aren't doing laundry, or the ones that are aren't very chatty. One small advantage. Being chatty myself - you meet a lot of nice people standing around the laundry room.

We try (unsuccessfully) to carry fewer cloths and just do laundry on the ship. Being closer to the laundry room makes it easy to get an open machine. We also prefer being nearer the D staircase as we find most of time we want to stop in the room for something we are already at that end of the ship (Queens Room, Dining Room, G23, etc.)

Edited by Q-step

We just did back-to-backs on the QM2 in May (May 10th & May 27th) and on our first leg of the journey a man in the cabin directly across from the laundry room came out and yelled at everyone for being too noisy. So, sometimes, if you get a gregarious group laughing and chatting, and you're trying to take a nap, yes, it can get noisy. My husband was quiet and meek like a church mouse on the May 27th crossing. No complaints after that.