Celebrity Reflection, October 20, 2017 Transatlantic Rome to Ft. Lauderdale

MattNYC

We are just booking this itinerary. We are Matt and Wayne and are coming back to Celebrity after a few years' break. We look forward to enjoying a nice FOD gathering, especially on the nice week at sea. This is our first Westbound crossing, so we are eagerly anticipating ever-longer days and the sea days coming AFTER all of the ports.

Matt

• 3 months later...
We are just booking this itinerary. We are Matt and Wayne and are coming back to Celebrity after a few years' break. We look forward to enjoying a nice FOD gathering, especially on the nice week at sea. This is our first Westbound crossing, so we are eagerly anticipating ever-longer days and the sea days coming AFTER all of the ports.

Matt

Looking forward to meeting you guys. I am traveling with a friend Curt Bechtel, he is from Cleveland I am from NJ. John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys. My husband Lionel and I are on this cruise as well. We live in Palm Springs, CA. Looking forward to meeting you all. Also, John I'm assuming your friend Curt is "CleGuy" from Cruise Critic. His posts are usually very insightful (and fair!). Look forward to meeting both of you. Rob Peralta

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my name is Peter (cruisefanvb59), my partner Charles and I look forward to this Westbound journey. We took the Silhouette last year FLL-SOU and had a wonderful crossing. Had a nice GBLTQ group. Look forward to seeing everyone onboard. We're from Port St Lucie FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello my name is Peter (cruisefanvb59), my partner Charles and I look forward to this Westbound journey. We took the Silhouette last year FLL-SOU and had a wonderful crossing. Had a nice GBLTQ group. Look forward to seeing everyone onboard. We're from Port St Lucie FL.

Look forward to meeting you guys!

• 5 weeks later...

Matt

Hi Matt and Wayne....again!

I said hello on main Roll Call for this cruise a while back and didn't realize someone had started this FOD roll call, but appreciate that you did! IIRC, you both are getting married soon, so again, congrats, and we will look forward to a toast onboard!

This will be our third TA and second on Reflection, having done the same direction (westward) two years ago and sailing on Silhouette last year....there is nothing like the week of sea days! I love being in the middle of the Atlantic so far from the rest of the world in every direction and not a care in the world. A true vacation, IMHO!

Ron and I are spending a week both in London and Paris pre-cruise, and after the first few stops on our itinerary, we will be quite ready to kick back sea day style !

It appears there are a nice number of LGBT guests onboard for this TA and we really look forward to making new cruise buddies!

Ciao for now,

Brian and Ron

San Francisco

Matt--

Thanks for starting this and for putting the link on the regular Roll Call. We really enjoy any Westbound cruise for the extra hours. We are doing Millennium from Vancouver to Yokohama before we join you all on this one.

I'm a retired (15 years) Jr. High teacher and Norm is a retired (2) years Flight Attendant (Continental/United).

Frank in sunny and warming SBA

PS Rob and Lionel. We just sold our unit in PSP. We had it for about 10 years. In the Biarritz on Ramon near Wang's and Warm Sands.

Matt--

Thanks for starting this and for putting the link on the regular Roll Call. We really enjoy any Westbound cruise for the extra hours. We are doing Millennium from Vancouver to Yokohama before we join you all on this one.

I'm a retired (15 years) Jr. High teacher and Norm is a retired (2) years Flight Attendant (Continental/United).

Frank in sunny and warming SBA

PS Rob and Lionel. We just sold our unit in PSP. We had it for about 10 years. In the Biarritz on Ramon near Wang's and Warm Sands.

Wow. Transpacific and Transatlantic almost back to back. Amazing! Lionel and I will have been away for almost 2 1/2 months (land touring and visiting family in England) when we board Reflection for trip home. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Matt--

All of our prior crossings were Eastbound, so we're excited about this one. Two near B2B crossings sound pretty cool.

I can't recall if the last time we sailed together was our Reflection TA or the Century Hawaii trip.

Matt

I grew up in Brooklyn, live in NJ and soon moving to New Hope PA. I am traveling with my friend Curt who lives in Cleveland.

John, sorry for the delayed response. Looking forward to meeting you and others at the daily gatherings, although we often skip on busy port days.

Yes that's Curt, very well versed on cruising.

Hi guys. My husband Lionel and I are on this cruise as well. We live in Palm Springs, CA. Looking forward to meeting you all. Also, John I'm assuming your friend Curt is "CleGuy" from Cruise Critic. His posts are usually very insightful (and fair!). Look forward to meeting both of you. Rob Peralta

I grew up in Brooklyn, live in NJ and soon moving to New Hope PA. I am traveling with my friend Curt who lives in Cleveland.

Wayne works in Philly, so we have a house in Riverton. I work remotely and mostly stay in NJ. I'll stay at our place in Brooklyn for a week here and there and we're often there together on weekends.

We haven't been to New Hope in a while but I have a few friends who own homes there.

Matt

Greetings All,

I'm curious if this sounds good to anyone else here....

Often I cannot make it to many of the FOD meetings as they are sometimes later and often in THE MARTINI BAR, and while I really enjoy hanging out at TMB, it can be quite loud and I feel like I have to yell to keep up conversation. I thought we could all have a group lunch or even dinner together where we could converse and mingle that way. Of course, I will certainly be trying to make the scheduled FOD bar meetings, but thought this might be another option. Since we have so many days at sea, we could use one of them for this get together.

Just a thought and curious if anyone else would be into this....

Ciao for now!

Brian and Ron

Chowderbsk

Cabin #6156

Well, Am I every happy that this sailing will be fun filled and social! My husband would throw me overboard if there were more than three (3) sea days... LOL

Maybe soon we will be joining in on a TA or TP.

Enjoy it all and I look forward to your reports on the sailing upon your return.

bon voyage

Brian and Ron--

Sounds like a great idea. Count us in!

Frank in cloudy and cool SBA

Count us in as well. We like the FOD gatherings but I agree that the MB on Solstice class ships is an awful venue. On the Century, it was in a much more intimate and quiet location. The atrium venues all give me a headache and/or dizziness due to the volume. God I sound old... Get off my lawn!!!!

Also, we mostly enjoy the shows and have late dinner seating, so it's often hard to spend more than 30 minutes unless we think the show seems lame.

Matt

Hello All,

Peter and Charles here from Port St. Lucie FL. We have a suggestion that worked nicely on our Silhouette Eastbound TA last year.

We started out in TMB and then later migrated to the Ensemble Lounge (1 deck up). The Ensemble Lounge is a nice venue once the pre-dinner Elite and Elite+ guests clear out. On the Silhouette the LGBTQ group would spend time in the Oceanview Cafe after the shows, for socialization and a snack or Sleepy Time tea.

We also enjoyed a few lunchtime get together sin the Main Dining Room. Just some thoughts to ponder. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Regards,

Peter and Charles in FL

Hello All,

Peter and Charles here from Port St. Lucie FL. We have a suggestion that worked nicely on our Silhouette Eastbound TA last year.

We started out in TMB and then later migrated to the Ensemble Lounge (1 deck up). The Ensemble Lounge is a nice venue once the pre-dinner Elite and Elite+ guests clear out. On the Silhouette the LGBTQ group would spend time in the Oceanview Cafe after the shows, for socialization and a snack or Sleepy Time tea.

We also enjoyed a few lunchtime get together sin the Main Dining Room. Just some thoughts to ponder. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

Regards,

Peter and Charles in FL

Greetings Peter and Charles,

Those are great ideas and exactly what I was thinking of....I think lunch time together as a group would be a riot....perhaps a quiet riot, but a riot none the less! ;p

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

Randy (AndersonIslander) here. I will be onboard with you all. The westbound Reflection TA is always my favorite cruise of the year, and this will be my 4th or 5th annual Reflection westbound TA. As usual, I will be cruising solo.

Is anyone interested in getting together for a pre-cruise get-together dinner in Rome? I'll be staying at the capo d' Africa hotel (very close to the Colosseum) where I arrive late on the 17th.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Randy

Hi Everyone!

Randy (AndersonIslander) here. I will be onboard with you all. The westbound Reflection TA is always my favorite cruise of the year, and this will be my 4th or 5th annual Reflection westbound TA. As usual, I will be cruising solo.

Is anyone interested in getting together for a pre-cruise get-together dinner in Rome? I'll be staying at the capo d' Africa hotel (very close to the Colosseum) where I arrive late on the 17th.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Randy

Welcome aboard Randy. Hope to see you on board!

Welcome Randy,

This will be our second TA on Reflection, the first back in 2015, so perhaps we will recognize each other, however I was not that social on that particular crossing as I was recovering from a long illness. And the cruise was exactly what I needed, because by the time we got to FLL, I felt like a million bucks....cruising always revives my soul and outlook!

See you on board and enjoy Rome before the cruise, Ron and I are visiting London and Paris beforehand so we all should have some stories to talk about!

Regards,

Brian and Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian and Ron:

Well we should hopefully recognize one another, as I was definitely on that transatlantic too, in fact that was second leg of a back to back for me as I remained onboard from the Eastern Med cruise immediately prior to the Transatlantic...BUT (disclaimer) my memory for people and especially names can be dreadful.

AND being 6'6" tall, I am rather hard to miss. LOL.

Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the day has come for Ron and I to fly off to London tomorrow , thus I will be checking in on here probably closer to sailing. As for a lunch/brunch/teatime/pre-dinner/dinner/supper/after-dinner get-together on one of the sea days, which ever works out for us all, if anyone has an idea as to when and where, I will keep my eyes posted. I am not the best at coordinating this kind of thing but will enthusiastically be a part of....

Now back to my last few hours of work then home to finish packing....waited until the last minute AGAIN. I think I must like the Adrenalin rush doing things last minute, that or simply a glutton for punishment!

Ciao 4 now

Best,

Brian K