Jan. 2, 2016 Parade

Pumbaamd

Will this parade be held near the pier, or elsewhere? Will much of the port area shopping be closed for the Holiday? We were planning on going to the Domino Club to see the famous pigs. Any idea if they would be open? Thanks for all your help.

Rick and Deirdra

Will this parade be held near the pier, or elsewhere? Will much of the port area shopping be closed for the Holiday? We were planning on going to the Domino Club to see the famous pigs. Any idea if they would be open? Thanks for all your help.

Rick and Deirdra

Sorry to say but odds are that anyplace you want to go is probably going to be closed. We take the Carnival Parades seriously down here my friend! Norma (the owner of the Domino Club) usually participates in the parade so I would definitely cross that off my list.

You may find some shops open, and most bars will be open, but that's about it.

My recommendation to you is to get yourself a cocktail and join the parade with the rest of us!

We will be arriving on a cruise ship. Will the parade be on the street at the dock where there are several shops facing the dock area? Thank you!

R&D

Last year it was on King Street which is the next street inland from the waterfront. This time it will correspond with a cruise ship so I'm not sure if they will move it to Strand Street (the waterfront) or not, I doubt it but it is possible.

Sorry to say but odds are that anyplace you want to go is probably going to be closed. We take the Carnival Parades seriously down here my friend! Norma (the owner of the Domino Club) usually participates in the parade so I would definitely cross that off my list.

You may find some shops open, and most bars will be open, but that's about it.

My recommendation to you is to get yourself a cocktail and join the parade with the rest of us!

Drake this is the best advice ever. Makes me want to sign up for this cruise so I can see a Carnival Parade again.:D

Hello Drake - we will be on the same cruise ship on January 2 and had planned on heading over to Rainbow Beach for the day. My family wants to rent Jet Skis from West End Water Sports. We like the pictures and settings of Rainbow and Rhythms. I have contacted them (West End) to ensure they will be open that day despite the parade.

Questions - I have searched the threads and can't find how far it is to Rainbow Beach. Will we be able to catch a taxi just off the pier and be able to get to Rainbow? Our ship docks at 8:00 am and I assume we would look to get a taxi around 9:00 am. Is this feasible given the parade?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Drake - we will be on the same cruise ship on January 2 and had planned on heading over to Rainbow Beach for the day. My family wants to rent Jet Skis from West End Water Sports. We like the pictures and settings of Rainbow and Rhythms. I have contacted them (West End) to ensure they will be open that day despite the parade.

Questions - I have searched the threads and can't find how far it is to Rainbow Beach. Will we be able to catch a taxi just off the pier and be able to get to Rainbow? Our ship docks at 8:00 am and I assume we would look to get a taxi around 9:00 am. Is this feasible given the parade?

Yes you should be able to catch a taxi right by the pier without any trouble. I sincerely doubt the parade will go along the water front, most likely it will stay on king street and shouldn't interfere with cruise ship operations. The taxi ride is 5-10 minutes to rainbow.

Yes you should be able to catch a taxi right by the pier without any trouble. I sincerely doubt the parade will go along the water front, most likely it will stay on king street and shouldn't interfere with cruise ship operations. The taxi ride is 5-10 minutes to rainbow.

Thank you! Heard back from WE Water sports, too - they don't expect to be too be too busy that day!

• 4 months later...