Super transatlantic back from Guadeloupe on Favalosa

jerseylily

We had a super transatlantic 15 night cruise back from Guadeloupe on the Favolosa commencing 2nd April. I have cruised costa before but some ago and so I was interested in seeing what had changed if anything.

Highlights for us:-

Cabin immaculate and well attended to (much better than my last cruise with NCL in the autumn of 2015 where the cabin was very shabby)

Staff were a bit subdued at first (I feel that there is an element of over management) but they perked up and we had a grand time.

Dining -breakfast menu (different country's breakfasts supplemented by your choice of eggs and extra bacon or sausage (english or german)) in MDR was enough for me but the buffet was great too. The place to sit in the buffet at breakfast or lunch is just up the stairs in the buffet on floor 10 much less hectic and more spacious.

Lunch we did not do every day but if we did then it was in the buffet which dependant on day could be open in one form or another up to 4 or 5 in the afternoon to allow those on tours a chance. Buffet faves were Make your own pizza (my invention) Salt Cod goujons and tempura squid

Dinner - we ate in the MDR - the food was themed italian each night. There were a few great dishes (tuscan octopus salad, Ligurian Ravioli with walnut sauce etc) but you do ideally need to like italian food. There was the odd less nice dish but the waiters were good at helping you choose, Gloria even showing us pictures of all the main dishes to help on her personal phone on one night! Buffet was open every night for dinner as far as I know.

Shows and entertainment - right up my street. A great mix of high octane las vegas style shows, Vibrations, etc. with great dance troupe (Afro Arimba dancers?) and very good "house" singers . They also had less energetic shows featuring operatic tenors/baritones that mixed classical and contemporary and acrobats of the highest order. They even had a fantasy show which combined fairy tales that appealed to all ages and was very well staged. The solo singer called Vicus was just stunning. He really rocked and did a whole show on his own. The bars had good entertainment too but a bit too loud in one or too small bars. The Diamond Atrium and the later shows in the bar on deck 5 forward were great (BTW no way as loud as on the NCL trip where noise "bleed" on the ship was a big problem for me).

Club members welcome back do - this was actually a proper cocktail party! yea! not a cup of coffee and a biscuit or nothing at all as other cruise lines are now offering.

Captains farewell - again an actual party for everyone, Yea!

We did not do any ship organised tours so cannot comment but captain kept us on time at all stops.

All in all what a great trip. Congrats to the whole Costa Team. We will travel with them again.

Edited by jerseylily