Casablanca Port Shuttle Drop Off

syesmar

Hi,

I have read some older posts about a Port Shuttle Bus in Casablanca. Someone a few years back said it dropped passengers off near the souk. ( I am guessing the souk nearby is the Old Medina, but please correct me if I'm wrong.) Another more recent post stated they had the driver let them off at the Train Station since they were passing by it anyway.

Could anyone who has recently visited Casablanca provide some details about the port shuttle?

Is there a charge? Where is the drop off? How frequent are the return pickups? Is it necessary to take a shuttle to exit the port?

THANKS!

Edited by syesmar

• 4 weeks later...

Used a free shuttle on an NCL cruise in December 2014. The drop off point was a very short walk to the old Medina further along and across the road. I don't know how frequent the buses were, but we had no wait in either direction. Buses were waiting to take us back to the ship. There were a few 'guides' offering their services to disembarking passengers, but a firm 'no thank you' was enough and the Medina was hassle free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I just returned and wanted to report back. Yes, on our Holland America Line cruise, there was a shuttle and it was provided free. The drop off was at United Nations Square and it is close to the Old Medina. I found this to be a convenient drop off point.

HAL's map had a few misprints, but I had printed off some prior to leaving. Still, I stopped by the Hyatt hotel in UN Square and asked at the desk for a map. It had more details than the ones I brought.

The shuttles were frequent. We, too, had minimal wait times. We arrived at 6am and they began service at 8am. They did go right by the train station. There were several places a ship could dock, but from where we were would have been time-consuming to leave the port on foot.

Happy Travels!