Adding a passenger to booking

jules57

Has anyone added a third person for the same room/cabin at a later date? If so, how easy was it and was there any penalty? I appreciate that there will be adding additional payment as the fare will be based on 3 and not 2.

First problem is whether the original cabin is a three/four berth cabin. Secondly has the passenger load capacity been reached. You might be able to be changed into a four berth cabin if one is available provided there is spare passenger capacity on the ship. An administration fee of £100 may come into play if you can amend the booking as you describe however the third person normally pays a much reduced rate. Clearly you divvy up into three equal fares amongst yourselves but the third fare is usually a base rate irrespective of what grade you are in.

Regards John

First problem is whether the original cabin is a three/four berth cabin. Secondly has the passenger load capacity been reached. You might be able to be changed into a four berth cabin if one is available provided there is spare passenger capacity on the ship. An administration fee of £100 may come into play if you can amend the booking as you describe however the third person normally pays a much reduced rate. Clearly you divvy up into three equal fares amongst yourselves but the third fare is usually a base rate irrespective of what grade you are in.

Regards John

Thanks John. Capacity isn't a problem as we ours be looking at a suite with a double sofa bed. There is a possibility of our niece coming with us but we shan't know until next year (cruise is August 2018). Working on the basis it is probably best to add her rather than book 3 and then alter to 2.

Didn't know whether P&O would treat as cancellation.

I have no experience of adding a passenger to a P&O Cruises booking but my experience elsewhere is that it would be treated as an amendment rather than a cancellation plus new booking. The basis for that is that your booked cabin can accommodate the passenger, assuming the ship itself is not already at capacity. What would be interesting is the price the new passenger would be charged at. I would expect it would be based on the pricing in place at the time of adding the passenger but there is the slight possibility that is is based on the pricing which was in place when the booking was first made.

Thanks John. Capacity isn't a problem as we ours be looking at a suite with a double sofa bed. There is a possibility of our niece coming with us but we shan't know until next year (cruise is August 2018). Working on the basis it is probably best to add her rather than book 3 and then alter to 2.

Didn't know whether P&O would treat as cancellation.

This is not a cancellation this is an amendment to a booking. You have now mentioned two things which may become a problem; (i) Niece and (ii) August. Niece, implies to me that the extra passenger may be under eighteen years of age. August is the height of the school holidays. If niece is eighteen years of age or older no problems should come into play other than the ship becomes full between when you originally book and you try to amend. However if your niece is under eighteen years of age and you did mention the height of the school holidays. A subtle and not normally thought about problem can occur. P&O have a limit on the number of children that they will book onto cruise, with a split being made relevant to the children's clubs. In other words once capacity has been reached for; 2-4, 5-8, 9-12 or 13-17 year olds P&O stop accepting bookings from anyone who has a child in the age group which has reached children's club capacity.. If she is young I should discuss the options direct with P&O before booking or if you have already ooked with your TA or direct as appropriate.

Regards John

This is not a cancellation this is an amendment to a booking. You have now mentioned two things which may become a problem; (i) Niece and (ii) August. Niece, implies to me that the extra passenger may be under eighteen years of age. August is the height of the school holidays. If niece is eighteen years of age or older no problems should come into play other than the ship becomes full between when you originally book and you try to amend. However if your niece is under eighteen years of age and you did mention the height of the school holidays. A subtle and not normally thought about problem can occur. P&O have a limit on the number of children that they will book onto cruise, with a split being made relevant to the children's clubs. In other words once capacity has been reached for; 2-4, 5-8, 9-12 or 13-17 year olds P&O stop accepting bookings from anyone who has a child in the age group which has reached children's club capacity.. If she is young I should discuss the options direct with P&O before booking or if you have already ooked with your TA or direct as appropriate.

Regards John

No problem as the cruise is just after her 18th

We added an extra person to a cruise when we found they were able to come. We originally booked for two but the cabin (by chance) had an extra berth. We added the extra adult and only had to pay the 3rd person price - no amendment fee. It worked well.

We added an extra person to a cruise when we found they were able to come. We originally booked for two but the cabin (by chance) had an extra berth. We added the extra adult and only had to pay the 3rd person price - no amendment fee. It worked well.

Was that based on the price when you originally booked or when you added the third passenger?