Alaska question

I have a question for recent Regent cruisers to Alaska. I just learned that Regent is not going by Tracy Arm. I thought it had been on the original itinerary. Do you cruise by any glaciers? I am trying to wrap my brain around a cruise to Alaska without a cruise by of a glacier.

I have a question for recent Regent cruisers to Alaska. I just learned that Regent is not going by Tracy Arm. I thought it had been on the original itinerary. Do you cruise by any glaciers? I am trying to wrap my brain around a cruise to Alaska without a cruise by of a glacier.

We went to Hubbard Glacier which was beautiful. While the cruise itinerary we received the month prior to our cruise still listed Tracy Arn, the daily Passages we received the day prior to the Tracy Arm / Juneau day did not have Tracy Arm listed. We did not receive any communication that we would not be going. I had been reading about all the ships that were not going into Tracy Arm but were going to Endicott Arm, so I had anticipated skipping Tracy Arm, but thought we would be told so and perhaps would have also gone to Endicott. We just passed by and went straight to Juneau.

Edited by LynnRuns

Are you absolutely sure that there won't be a Tracy Arm excursion? My sense has always been that it totally depends on the conditions. About five years ago, we had fairly miserable weather most of our 7-day Alaska cruise, yet we did manage to do the Tracy Arm trip (one of our all-time favorites). This year, on our 14-day itinerary, we had mostly wonderful weather-- but conditions weren't right for allowing that small boat excursion up Tracy Arm. We did do Endicott instead, which was ok, but not nearly in the category of Tracy. And for some reason, on this recent cruise, our Hubbard experience was mediocre (whereas many of this summer's cruises had a great day at Hubbard).

Eager: Has Regent really cut Tracy from the list of possible excursions? If not, despite the fact that cruises seem to be missing it this summer, perhaps your particular time will allow it? Good luck. We loved our cruise.

Thanks Poss and Lynn runs for the info. Our cruise does not show the small boat excursion to Tracy Arm so maybe they never planned to go there. It also doesn't show Hubbard Glacier. Not sure why I didn't realize that. This cruise was appealing because there is no flight to Anchorage and it ends in San Francisco.

I just checked on the Regent site. I assume you are doing the Vancouver to San Francisco cruise? In the itinerary it does show Hubbard Glacier but does not show Tracy Arm. (so, perhaps Tracy Arm was never planned for this cruise?) Hubbard Glacier though will be nice.