Is Geiranger a Must Do Norway Port?

Hi I-Cruiser---I got some questions for you since you are a Norway native. I have been booked and cancelled so many cruises looking for the ideal one and just gave up as couldn't find the right one. I might have just found it. It is on the line called Swan Hellenic. It goes to all the ports I want to go to!!! I've been sick not being able to go to Lofoten Islands and also Kristiansund to see the Atlantic Road --it goes to Bergen--it does the Geiranger. This is the itinerary:

• PORTSMOUTH
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • BERGEN
  • FLAM
  • MALOY
  • GEIRANGER
  • KRISTIANSUND
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • SVOLVAER (LOFOTEN ISLANDS)
  • TROMSO
  • HAMMERFEST
  • HONNINGSVAAG
  • KIRKENES

It goes all the way up to the arctic circle which I wanted also. This is perfect except no Oslo and we can fly in there!!!

Would love to hear Norwegians opinions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Linda

Hi I-Cruiser---I got some questions for you since you are a Norway native. I have been booked and cancelled so many cruises looking for the ideal one and just gave up as couldn't find the right one. I might have just found it. It is on the line called Swan Hellenic. It goes to all the ports I want to go to!!! I've been sick not being able to go to Lofoten Islands and also Kristiansund to see the Atlantic Road --it goes to Bergen--it does the Geiranger. This is the itinerary:

• PORTSMOUTH
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • BERGEN
  • FLAM
  • MALOY
  • GEIRANGER
  • KRISTIANSUND
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • TROMSO
  • HAMMERFEST
  • HONNINGSVAAG
  • KIRKENES

It goes all the way up to the arctic circle which I wanted also. This is perfect except no Oslo and we can fly in there!!!

Would love to hear Norwegians opinions pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

Linda

Linda, where do I sign up for this cruise??:D This is a very unusual but very interesting itinerary.

This itinerary offers a nice balance of ports that will show the diverse sceneries of Norway.

You get to cruise the fjords (Geiranger and Flåm). Make stops in the beautiful Lofoten Islands and venture all the way up and beyond the North Cape.

Måløy is a very unusual stop.

I also suspect that since the Minerva is a smaller ship it will cruise the "inland passages"/closer to land then the larger vessels.

Stop looking - you have found a fantastic itinerary!!

Lars:)

Oh Lars you are a blessing and such a reassurance as this truly has been getting on my nerves and I've been researching ALOT for 6 months and even before that. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

This has been a tough one and all my friends and family when I bounce around just don't understand my craziness because they aren't researching it. :eek:

Linda

With this one the deposit is non-refundable so the hunt is over thank goodness. Now to dream about seeing my heritage. I am 100% Norwegian and can't wait to see where my ancestors came from. Boss just approved me going for this time frame so now to hear from agent on a price.

Linda

With this one the deposit is non-refundable so the hunt is over thank goodness. Now to dream about seeing my heritage. I am 100% Norwegian and can't wait to see where my ancestors came from. Boss just approved me going for this time frame so now to hear from agent on a price.

Linda

Oh Lars you are a blessing and such a reassurance as this truly has been getting on my nerves and I've been researching ALOT for 6 months and even before that. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

This has been a tough one and all my friends and family when I bounce around just don't understand my craziness because they aren't researching it. :eek:

Linda

Linda - You are welcome!

You are preaching to the converted here:D I and probably almost everyone here know all about the craziness of researching and planning. Its all so normal:D:D

Soon you can start planning your tours in the ports.

All fun.

Lars

I have been booked and cancelled so many cruises looking for the ideal one and just gave up as couldn't find the right one. I might have just found it. It is on the line called Swan Hellenic. It goes to all the ports I want to go to!!! I've been sick not being able to go to Lofoten Islands and also Kristiansund to see the Atlantic Road --it goes to Bergen--it does the Geiranger. This is the itinerary:

• PORTSMOUTH
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • BERGEN
  • FLAM
  • MALOY
  • GEIRANGER
  • KRISTIANSUND
  • CRUISE ON MINERVA
  • TROMSO
  • HAMMERFEST
  • HONNINGSVAAG
  • KIRKENES

I have followed some of your anguishes over this trip in the Hurtigruten board and I think you have indeed found a gem! The itinerary is very unique and diverse, and the ship looks really nice! Not too big, comfortable and cozy, with lecturers, a great service apparently, the stops are long enough for a good experience... This looks awesome!

Thanks and yep have posted a few things on here trying to find the ideal one. I'm excited. It wasn't easy to find--lol. How I found it was going into Lofoten cruise port schedule and going to the days and looking which ships were in port and going from there. This one is within our price range (can't get the balcony-but that's ok).

Thanks for the support.

Linda