Yeti Hopper as a carry-on?

DMKahlan

It's soft sided and looks similar to a tote bag. It is larger than 12x12x12. My dive bag is larger than 12x12x12 and I've never had an issue carrying it on. Curious if anyone has tried carrying one on.

If it's bigger than 12x12x12, which you say it is, you'll be taking a big chance as to whether they'll let you on-board with it. Just be prepared to walk back to your car and store it if they don't.

We each carry on a standard sized roller bag and a smaller carry on bag, and I also have one hard sided roller bag with our snorkel equipment. As long as they all fit through the screening machines, there is no limit. Remember when there were people who carried on several cases of water and soda? This is not the airport and you are not getting on an airplane.

If it's bigger than 12x12x12, which you say it is, you'll be taking a big chance as to whether they'll let you on-board with it. Just be prepared to walk back to your car and store it if they don't.

The 12x12x12 size is for rigid coolers that are actually full time coolers, not for assorted and sundry carry-on luggage.

I have an elcheapo Igloo almost exactly like this. We pack it in a checked in bag, have never had a problem in having it taken or having to go to the naughty room. I don't pack in it, I just put it in an outside zipper pocket of our largest checked bag. Oh man, I'd love to have a Yeti anything! :D

I carried on my elcheapo Igloo cooler that is similar in size and look of the Yeti with no issues. It contained my 12 bottles of water and my bottle of wine. We used it in our room as a cooler and the room steward kept it full of ice per my request and a $20 tip. I do think we may invest the Yeti as the Igloo leaked on the carpet so we had to move it to the bathroom. That would not have happened with the Yeti. Yes they are expensive but definitely worth the investment.

I would not chance it in NOLA. DH had a cooler just barely larger than the 12x12...they would not let it go. Thankfully it was a cheapo :). That being said, we saw others with the same cooler getting onboard, so it really depends on the security line you are in maybe. If you really want to use your Yeti, I would pack it in your checked luggage and then use in the cabin. Have a great cruise!