Dream - cove - 2382 - Noise?

Mkehlb

I didn't realize this room was under the galley, (my bad). How noisy is it? My husband is a light sleeper and now I am worried :confused: unfortunately the Cove balconies are now sold out for our sailing so there is no chance of switching.

2288 would be quiet; it's not under the galley. Someone who has stayed in the exact room of 2382 would be the only one who could give you a good answer. Some rooms under the galley are actually fine, while others aren't. So hopefully, you'll find someone who has been under that exact room. Bring earplugs, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed with friends who where right at the edge of the galley and they only complained a couple of times about the noise and it was prior to 9:00 PM

We also did the Chef's Table dinner and there are big signs all over the galley reminding staff there are cabins below so be quit.

I'm hoping our next Cove will be quieter than 2401 was on the Breeze. Every morning around 2:00 am it was very loud, and lasted for hours. We made the best of it and still really enjoyed a Cove. However, after research on CC we booked one directly under the Shore Excursions desk for our cruise next year.

I'm hoping our next Cove will be quieter than 2401 was on the Breeze. Every morning around 2:00 am it was very loud, and lasted for hours. We made the best of it and still really enjoyed a Cove. However, after research on CC we booked one directly under the Shore Excursions desk for our cruise next year.

We were in 2400 on the Breeze, and yes around 1:30 or 2:00 am it got noisy! Clanging and banging and something that sounded like a metal ball rolling back and forth across the floor. Luckily my DH was on an Aircraft Carrier when younger and slept right below the flight deck so he sleeps through anything now. I just tuned it out, took a sleep aide, and dealt with it. But we will be more careful next time!

We were in 2400 on the Breeze, and yes around 1:30 or 2:00 am it got noisy! Clanging and banging and something that sounded like a metal ball rolling back and forth across the floor. Luckily my DH was on an Aircraft Carrier when younger and slept right below the flight deck so he sleeps through anything now. I just tuned it out, took a sleep aide, and dealt with it. But we will be more careful next time!

We had the same experience. We were in 2388 on the Dream in 2011. Loud crashing noises all night long-the same as when my 11 year old son puts away metal pots and pans. I'm a light sleeper and even with ear plugs in, woke up a bunch. I carefully picked different cabins for the next cruises.

We were in 2400 on the Breeze, and yes around 1:30 or 2:00 am it got noisy! Clanging and banging and something that sounded like a metal ball rolling back and forth across the floor. ...
...the kitchen crew plays a form of galley bowling in the late night hours!

Live and learn right! But for the noise, we loved the balcony.