Continental Coasts Itinerary hange

In case anyone hasn't seen the long posts on the Discovery 2 FB page, the 'Continental Coasts' itinerary has been changed.

No notification of this from Thomson - someone just visited their TA on Friday to book excursions and was shown a different schedule to the one on her booking.

After originally being told by Thomson on Friday that our itinerary next week was unchanged, yesterday another Thomson department confirmed that the new schedule for all Summer is:-

San Remo being replaced by Mahon (Menorca) and Marseille being put back a day to day 4.

Hi Brenda, just came to see if it was mentioned on here and you beat me to it :D:D

I thought someone would have already mentioned it when I logged in Linda lol!

I know changes happen but what was so annoying was being told by one Thomson department on Friday that our schedule was as originally planned and then by another Thomson department yesterday that we were being changed - talk about the right hand not knowing what the left is doing!

Will now have to book an excursion for Mahon as the town is far too hilly for my better half to walk around and we are both sorry to be missing our only Italian port. Think Thomson need to change the name of the itinerary to 'Spanish Coasts' as 'Continental Coasts' implies a selection of countries and now all but one port are Spanish.

Am sure we will all still have a great time despite the change.

We are going on this cruise on 16 July and after seeing these posts I decided to call Thomson for clarification. They confirmed that the ship would no longer be calling at San Remo but were unable to give me a reason for the change . Very upset as this was the main reason that we booked this particular cruise . Does it not seem that Thomson have included San Remo in the itinerary to capitalise on bookings as they know that people would be very interested in visiting Monaco and Monte Carlo whereas maybe not so many would be interested in visiting Mahon .

Being new to FB and not very computer literate, how do you access the Discovery 2 FB page? We are on her for 2 weeks from September 10th and not best pleased about the port change.

Edited by Chaffesbird
spelling

Someone has just posted that their TA has just contacted the cruise line and the itinerary for the 14th May is unchanged on their system - the conflicting replies we are receiving is getting more and more confusing!!! Guess we will know for sure on Sunday.

Edited by campolady

Chaffesbird - go to FB. In the top left corner you will see a box 'Find Friends'. Tyoe in TUI Discovery 2 and it will take you to the page. You need to click on Join Group before you are accepted and can post/read threads.

Edited by campolady

So it was a Thomson computer glitch after all!!! The 'Continental Coasts' itinerary has not changed and is still going to San Remo not Mahon.

What a shambles but a good outcome!