Silver Spirit Mediterranean Cruise Cabin

JoTreacy

Hi

We have been offered cabin 530 Handicap (we are not classed as Handicap) on Deck 5 next to elevator Port side on the Silver Spirit. It is also next to an elevator and one room away from a small bar. Can I have opinions please whether this cabin will be noisy? It is our first time on a cruise.

Thank You for your input.

For those who love the Main Bar, this would be a great location although I'm not sure that I would want a handicap cabin. I do not believe the elevator would cause any problems, nor would the main walkway since the cabin is off a secondary corridor. Does this mean that the rest of the ship is sold out?

If I had a choice, I would opt for a Veranda 3 on Deck 7 which is a much more convenient to La Terrazza although it is a long walk down the hall.

Also I wonder if they had a need for a handicap cabin at a later date whether they would move you to another cabin.

In any event, enjoy your trip on the Spirit.

Hi Ebstam,

Thank you for your reply. There are only two cabins left on the port side and they are both Handicap Cabins. I feel from your reply that this cabin will probably be suitable.

Thank You

Several years ago my sister and her husband had the corresponding starboard side handicap suite on the Spirit. They had a problem with persistent bathroom smells. I don't know if this is still a problem, but I would presume that it is not. Because of the large handicap style bathroom (wheelchair accessible, no tub) there is no separate closet . Instead there is an armoire in the main room which has much less storage space than the normal veranda closets. (They can bring you a portable clothes hanging rack, but I doubt that you would want that standing in your suite.)

I did tour that suite on an earlier cruise to see if it would be suitable for my handicapped brother in law, which it was. But I would not recommend it if you do not need such a suite. The ambiance is very different. Hope this helps.