Venture Excursions?

bradtarga34

We are doing the Manus to FLL trip in March and noticed on previous cruise Seabourn offered a new 'Venture' excursions in addition to the normal excursions. I can't see any mention of these on the available excursions and wondering how previous cruisers went about booking three and when they came available? I guess there is always the chance it won't be offered but thought they sounded really good. I have asked our TA but taking some time to get a reply... As an aside, do you normally book Seabourn shore excursions via your TA or direct with SB?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually wait until I am on the ship unless the tour is in the first couple of days or I think it will be oversubscribed. If you book before you leave you have to pay now rather than put on your on board account using any credit you might have ( if first timer see sticky at the top of the page ) You can get a refund of advance payment and then rebook on board but it is a bother. You gain nothing by trying to get your TA to book tours.

We shall be on the same cruise , so see you there:D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Quest voyage (Norwegian Fjords) earlier this summer and there were quite a few Ventures excursions offered. When available, these excursions (kayaking, zodiac trips, hiking) were listed along with the other shore excursions for a given port. If you're not seeing them listed with the excursions for your voyage, they may not be available on that port or voyage. I'd recommend calling Seabourn's shore excursion desk for clarification.

On our fjords cruise, we did two Ventures excursions (kayaking and zodiac), and both were very enjoyable and extremely well organized. We recognized some Ventures personnel from the expedition team on our Antarctica cruise over the 2013/2014 holidays -- very professional and personable.

We did the Boca del Boto (spelling?) excursion when we were on Manaus to FLL. It was a zodiac trip up one of the side creeks of the Amazon. We saw sloths, monkeys, a bunch of different birds, encountered locals with their 'catch of the day', etc. etc. It was most enjoyable and, in my opinion, well worth it.

I book some tours ahead of time and some on board. Generally the tours we really want we book up front. Never had a problem spending our OBC as my better half usually loads up on cosmetics at the Spa.

Edited by Roxburgh

Thanks Roxburgh and DC, it's not showing any Venture excursions so maybe they've decided not to offer it this time around :( I think I will book the private boat trip instead, we are travelling as a group of 6 which works out perfect for the boat capacity. I'll give them a call and ask the question any ways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums