Adventure Ocean Program-Compasses

A few people have been requesting Adventure Ocean program information,

I have compiled a list of all of the Compasses for all to enjoy.

Appreciated time-table and activities will vary from ship-ship.

Happy Days.

Our DD has been AO program since she was 6 months old, now 12 so she is well experienced with the Kids Program. And she absolutely loves it.:D

Teens 12-14 daily Programs.

df3a89f1c14669bbda5229897a493990_zpsf4f1caaf.jpg

bf98189bada7d1da62245a3380e02088_zpse4588ea8.jpg

bb5fb3e4f73137b951795eb3ecac52ac_zps0b7a6659.jpg

36abd484927110461f8f8dea3233829e_zps2bfedc79.jpg

d0943d53094a30e5c12cef76cad10e3e_zps6e08b745.jpg

3-11 Program to follow with 3-5 Aquanauts Program.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting all this great information.

We will be sailing on Explorer in a few days. It will be our DD's first RCL cruise. She turns 6 durning our sailing. Will she be able to choose between the 3-5 and 6-8 and she is turning 6 or will she have to stay with the 3-5 program? TIA!

Thanks for posting all this great information.

We will be sailing on Explorer in a few days. It will be our DD's first RCL cruise. She turns 6 durning our sailing. Will she be able to choose between the 3-5 and 6-8 and she is turning 6 or will she have to stay with the 3-5 program? TIA!

She will be registered with the 3-5's as it is determined on age when embarking.

However on some ships if you ask the AO staff they may accommodate your DD into the 6-8 once she has her Birthday.

It varies on some ships and is at the staffs discretion, no harm in asking:)

Have a great cruise!

She will be registered with the 3-5's as it is determined on age when embarking.

However on some ships if you ask the AO staff they may accommodate your DD into the 6-8 once she has her Birthday.

Have a great cruise!

Totally varies by ship it seems. Our son turned 9 halfway through our cruise on Freedom and they gave him the choice on day 1 to be with the 6-8 or 9-11 for the whole week, or move up on his birthday. He went with the 9-11s the whole week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

Totally varies by ship it seems. Our son turned 9 halfway through our cruise on Freedom and they gave him the choice on day 1 to be with the 6-8 or 9-11 for the whole week, or move up on his birthday. He went with the 9-11s the whole week.

Thanks! Did they know your son was turning 9 when you registered him or did you have to tell them?

I think we told them. But they may have known ahead of time. It was a pretty quick conversation while we registered him the first day, right after boarding.

Edited by gi_pam

On the Explorer, they were flexible. We had a 12 year-old who wanted to be with his 10 and 11 year old family members, so they let him age-down to the 9-11. All three boys LOVED the program. Even skipped dessert each night just to get to the evening program on time...

They let our 9 yo age down to be with her 7 yo cousin, but that group was a bit too young for both. They wouldnt let the 7yo age-up (understandably). So for those two, they hung out with the adults except for when both groups were combined (some evenings, and port hours).

My suggestion would be just to talk it through with their program manager. For ones within a few months either way, they probably would make exceptions. For ones a year off, they wouldnt.

On the Explorer, they were flexible. We had a 12 year-old who wanted to be with his 10 and 11 year old family members, so they let him age-down to the 9-11. All three boys LOVED the program. Even skipped dessert each night just to get to the evening program on time...

They let our 9 yo age down to be with her 7 yo cousin, but that group was a bit too young for both. They wouldnt let the 7yo age-up (understandably). So for those two, they hung out with the adults except for when both groups were combined (some evenings, and port hours).

My suggestion would be just to talk it through with their program manager. For ones within a few months either way, they probably would make exceptions. For ones a year off, they wouldnt.

Thanks for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the notice that AO is diaper and pull-up free....our daughter will be 34 months when we cruise on the Serenade (two months later and she could be in the AO program). We plan to have her in programs in the nursery, and general family programs around the ship, but does the AO have family open houses where we can accompany her to the activities and stay with her?

I saw the notice that AO is diaper and pull-up free....our daughter will be 34 months when we cruise on the Serenade (two months later and she could be in the AO program). We plan to have her in programs in the nursery, and general family programs around the ship, but does the AO have family open houses where we can accompany her to the activities and stay with her?

We never did when DD was that age, but RC website says you can

Join your child in the fun of Royal Babies® or Royal Tots® interactive playgroup sessions. Each session, held on one of our onboard lounges, offers activities that make playtime learning time as well.

Hope this helps

Happy Days!