Rainforest

jacksrus@netwurx

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me more info. on the Rainforest/Spa area. I was told I can't buy a pass until we board? But also read on other sites that they were sold out before people boarded,,,,how's that possible?

I know its $16 a day, does anyone know the cost for the full week on the Fantasy?? And would you say it's worth going/having the pass for the full week?

We are two adults traveling and thought it would be a great time away from the crowds at the pools:)

Thanks in advance,

Jackie

There is a "couple's pass" that is a significant discount from a single "length of cruise" pass. The single pass is priced so that if you go every day, it is a small discount from daily passes. If you miss one day, you'd be better off doing daily passes or (when offered) a 3 or 4 day pass. The couple's pass is a saving of about $50 over 2 single passes.

Exactly what is offered on each cruise depends on how the sales go. They always have single day in advance, length of cruise, and couple's passes for sale. If sales don't hit their targets, they will offer the 3 and 4 day passes. 30 cruises and I've never had DCL turn down my money when I wanted a rainforest pass. Yes, I've read about them selling out, but I've never been denied one. Yes, I've heard the sales pitch on multiple cruise lines about how these passes are in limited supply, etc.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks so much for the info.,

In actually traveling with my daughter, can we still get the couples pass??

Is it ever so crowded in there that u r ever disappointed?

Thanks u again...Moki'smommy

A "couple" is any 2 people. It can be you and your adult daughter, 2 friends traveling together, or any other combination.

I LOVE the rainforest, especially on fall and winter cruises. The only time I've had to wait more than a few minutes for one of the heated loungers was when 2 people had fallen asleep in them and a third person was reading and had no intention of moving (there are only 4 of these on the Magic and Wonder). Normally there is either one available or if I wait just a few minutes sitting on one of the wall benches, a lounger will open up. When it didn't, I just moved on to the other rooms. So, have I ever had a brief time when I couldn't do exactly as I'd planned? Yes. Did it ruin my day or my rainforest experience--No. In general, people are considerate. If they've been in a lounger for a long time and there are people waiting, they will usually move on the the other facilities. Obviously there is no time limit or rule that they need to move, but they typically do. That said, there are plenty of other places to be within the rainforest that don't fill up. Whether you sit in the steam areas and talk or just sit and relax is up to you and the others; I've been known to make friends in there or just have very casual chat as well as the "savor the experience" with no sound.

OK, trying to get 2 loungers next to each other is a little more difficult...usually can happen, but don't count on it.

A "couple" does not have to be in the same cabin--any 2 people will qualify.

Edited by moki'smommy

A "couple" is any 2 people. It can be you and your adult daughter' date=' 2 friends traveling together, or any other combination.

I LOVE the rainforest, especially on fall and winter cruises. The only time I've had to wait more than a few minutes for one of the heated loungers was when 2 people had fallen asleep in them and a third person was reading and had no intention of moving (there are only 4 of these on the Magic and Wonder). Normally there is either one available or if I wait just a few minutes sitting on one of the wall benches, a lounger will open up. When it didn't, I just moved on to the other rooms. So, have I ever had a brief time when I couldn't do exactly as I'd planned? Yes. Did it ruin my day or my rainforest experience--No. In general, people are considerate. If they've been in a lounger for a long time and there are people waiting, they will usually move on the the other facilities. Obviously there is no time limit or rule that they need to move, but they typically do. That said, there are plenty of other places to be within the rainforest that don't fill up. Whether you sit in the steam areas and talk or just sit and relax is up to you and the others; I've been known to make friends in there or just have very casual chat as well as the "savor the experience" with no sound.

OK, trying to get 2 loungers next to each other is a little more difficult...usually can happen, but don't count on it.

A "couple" does not have to be in the same cabin--any 2 people will qualify.[/quote']

Hi MM-- what exactly are the "other places" in the rainforest? I've heard of the heated loungers, and I'm pretty sure there are special showers, but I've never actually been in there – well maybe I have – I've been in the women's lockers after using the fitness center--?

What exactly is so special about it?

Hi MM-- what exactly are the "other places" in the rainforest? I've heard of the heated loungers, and I'm pretty sure there are special showers, but I've never actually been in there – well maybe I have – I've been in the women's lockers after using the fitness center--?

What exactly is so special about it?

The locker room is not the same as the rainforest. The rainforest has heated loungers in a very mildly heated/steamed room, 3 additional steam rooms each with a different temperature, level of steam, and scent, additional bench seating in the room with the loungers, and specialty showers that sometimes even work (Magic and Wonder tend to not work). In addition, on the Dream and Fantasy there are more specialty showers, they do typically work, and there are hot tubs specifically in the rainforest (in addition to those by the adult pools.) There is a charge for the rainforest. There is a sauna (dry heat) in the locker room that is available at no charge as well as a couple showers there.

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed with my mom concierge in September on the Dream. We could not purchase passes until we boarded the ship. We purchased for our length of cruise when we entered the concierge lounge. I was in there every day and so was my mom. We always had loungers together. If you want I would suggest the first thing you do is go to spa before you eat or do anythkng else and purchase your passes. Dont even take the tour until afyer you purchase. I would suggest though taking the tour so they can explain how the scrubs and which rooms you should enter in order while you have the scrubs on. They will also explain the showers. Enjoy.

Edited by js

Length of cruise and other multi-day passes are sold only on the ship. Single day passes can be purchased on line in advance.

Every cruise line I've been on has something similar to the rainforest and they all give the same hype speech about "limited number of passes." Reality, I've never had the decline my money. I suppose it is possible, but I've never seen it. In fact, on recent cruises platinum castaway club members were offered a small discount on a 3 or 4 day pass! My logic says that if they were selling out, there wouldn't be discounts.

This has never been one of the "rush" priority items on my list. We go to lunch and hit the spa area after the more critical matters have been handled--after we have any free tickets to events that we need, have handled any dining changes or changes to our adult dining, and definitely after we have dumped our carry ons in our cabin.

Again, I suppose it is possible that they sell out but I've never had it be an issue.