Reykjavik-cruise port to town?

scotlandbound

For those Disney cruisers who have taken the Magic to Iceland, is the distance walkable from where the Magic docked in Reykjavik this past summer?

I thought I read that it was 2 miles, so I'm thinking its not. Did Disney provide a free shuttle bus to a centralized point in town like they did for the Baltic ports on the Northern Europe cruise this summer?

Maybe Reykjavik is a big place, so I'll narrow down what I would like to do...get to the BsI bus station to take the Reykjavik Excursions transfer bus to Blue Lagoon. Thinking of possibly doing this the evening that the Magic overnights there.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

We were on the Magic's Iceland/Norway sailing this past summer. DCL did have a shuttle between the port and downtown. We did not use it, so I can't give you specifics as to where they dropped you off, but it I'm pretty sure it just ran on a continuous loop. I believe it was free, but can't swear by that.

We used private guides both days in port and absolutely fell in love with Iceland. We "super jeeped" all over the area. Reykjavik is a beautiful city, but I would definitely recommend getting out into the surrounding areas as well.

Have a wonderful cruise! Iceland is simply a magical place. We loved it so much we plan on returning for a land based trip some time in the future.