Glories of the Gladiators

AntFan68

I would like to know the answer too as I have booked this tour for when we hit Rome on the 6th July. I'm pretty sure in the video it mentions about the chambers where they held the gladiators :)

I have booked this tour also on our Ventura cruise that sails on 28th May 2015. Decided to book this in advance to guarantee seeing the colosseum and hopefully walk past the public queues. I shall be able to post exactly what this tour includes when we return on 11th June.

Edited by Big Stevie

I am pretty sure this is the tour I took, but it was a few years ago. I remember that we did walk straight in and there were public toilets, very useful after the trip from the ship.

It was a very thorough and well explained tour. We entered the centre of the colosseum via the tunnel used by the gladiators. We went up several levels inside the colosseum and outside.

It was very hot, we were there in August.

I did this on Monday

We did NOT go underground, just on level 1 and up 1 level to look down on the area.

It was BOILING. From 10am when we left the coach to around 2.30 when we were left to have free time, we were in the sun with no breaks or rest stops or access to water/drinks, it was not great.

The tour spent ages and ages going round the Forum, and much less time at the Colosseum. Next time I'd do "rome, free time in 3 places" and do my own thing.

If you buy your Coliseum tickets at Palantine Hill, there is barely a queue and you can walk straight into the Coliseum. Don't book a tour - the Coliseum is for looking, not listening and "following me".

I did this on Monday

We did NOT go underground, just on level 1 and up 1 level to look down on the area.

It was BOILING. From 10am when we left the coach to around 2.30 when we were left to have free time, we were in the sun with no breaks or rest stops or access to water/drinks, it was not great.

The tour spent ages and ages going round the Forum, and much less time at the Colosseum. Next time I'd do "rome, free time in 3 places" and do my own thing.

We ended up doing "Rome on your Own" as the Gladiators tour was full!! We didn't go inside as we spent so much time marvelling in the outside! Lol. ;)