Late deal

Mr Piano

Wondering if anyone has experience of getting a late deal, for example perhaps just a week prior to sailing. We did the Caribbean in February, so may be a little extravagant doing 2 cruises in one year, unless we could get a good deal. Don't really want to book saver as we would want to be absolutely certain of freedom dining.

Not too concerned about risking not getting the cruise if we missed out on the one we wanted, we would just book a last minute holiday instead

I think if you do a saver fare you have more chance of freedom dining. Friends of ours on Ventura in Feb booked a saver and got freedom but wanted 2nd sitting. They went to see restaurant manager and got it changed. Regretted it afterwards though - didn't get on with others on table. We have booked for Britannia at end of January next year on an early saver and hoping for freedom dining. Going back to Antigua so may be in touch with our friend Lawrence!

I have booked a saver fare, last year on Azura and this year on Britannia, we were allocated late sitting on Azura and then Feeedom on Britannia. Price wise the Britannia fare did drop, we booked 4 weeks before and about a week before sailing it dropped by £150.

Both times we had a balcony cabin towards the front of the ship which was fine.

Interestingly the saver on Britannia was only marginally cheaper than someone who had booked a select fare with an on board £150 spend, although the on board spend is your own money back to use with P & O and they used it for trips that they wanted to do.

I think if you do a saver fare you have more chance of freedom dining. Friends of ours on Ventura in Feb booked a saver and got freedom but wanted 2nd sitting. They went to see restaurant manager and got it changed. Regretted it afterwards though - didn't get on with others on table. We have booked for Britannia at end of January next year on an early saver and hoping for freedom dining. Going back to Antigua so may be in touch with our friend Lawrence!

Hi Jan, nice to hear from you again. We really enjoyed our trip with you and your husband in Antigua, so give our regards to Lawrence, a great guy.

I have booked both saver and select in the past, and did get freedom dining on the saver, but booking well in advance, but if we leave it very late in booking, choice may be limited. I was just hoping if we leave it just a week before sailing we might get a good deal if they have lot of unsold cabins. If not ŵe'll just book a week in Tenerife or something. But we are considering just a short cruise in Fjords,

but club dining is not an option for us. We like to meet lots of different people at dinner