Just returned from NCL Getaway 7/4/15 with a few photos :)

wruiz14

Our family had a great time. It was our first NCL. We've also done DCL and Princess. My older boys loved Entourage and participated in most of their activities and also enjoyed hanging out in their club. My 10 year enjoyed some of the activities in the Splash club but didn't spend much time there. He wanted to play the Wiiu but they were only allowed to use it at scheduled times Which was frustrating. There was a lot more flexibility in entourage.

Tempanyaki was great!! Illusion was fun, but the menu is set. You have to ask about kids options which they need to get from another kitchen. You can also ask for vanilla ice cream for the kids dessert but you need to ask quickly or else they get a dish of fancy desserts that none of my kids touched. Having a kids menu would be an easier option. We had floor seats and still had a little challenge with seats, even though we got in line an hour early. Still worth it to get floor seats because the other seats are out in booths in the way back which is really hard to see.

Comedy shows were great, if you don't book tickets ahead you can wait in stand by line. We got in through stand by pretty easily.

Slides were fun and ropes course was awesome.. Rock wall want open too often but my kids still enjoyed it. The trampoline bounce was open even less :( but also fun. Cool mini golf course.

Announcements over loud speakers start at 10 am which my kids were t too happy about, they wanted to sleep later then that :)

Osheehans was super yummy and open 24 hrs. It was a nice option.

The open dining was very easy and a nice option.

There was plenty to do each day. 3D movies, family game show games, parties, lots of trivia and more :) the daily agenda was very helpful and easy to carry around. Plus the giant computer touch screens all over the ship helped to stay up with the activities.

We used the app which was SUPER helpful. I was able to stay on top of our account so I had no surprises on the last day. Being able to text and call my kids was also very helpful. The kids clubs could also use the app to contact me if needed which helped since I wasn't in my room most of the time.

Hope any of the info helped :)

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'd be happy to help!

ImageUploadedByForums1436154414.955583.jpg.6b6b2587fe921fc5cfbe71549d883d88.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1436154317.566139.jpg.cdfabca2a3f13e2d18d24ea624f1ad35.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1436154334.932065.jpg.860c97a8969947940d04bc342800d61a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1436154373.585492.jpg.3d687fa0a57edfa7585ea76e00070d82.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1436154396.239007.jpg.6f9ffdd4112d5510de553493eb770a59.jpg

Thank you for your review :)

We are sailing on the Getaway next June (I know it's so far away). Can I ask how old your teens are and if you have any more info on the club? My girls will be 13 & 16 when we go and I am hoping Entourage will be a hit with them as they loved the DCL clubs on our first cruise last month.

Thank you for your review :)

We are sailing on the Getaway next June (I know it's so far away). Can I ask how old your teens are and if you have any more info on the club? My girls will be 13 & 16 when we go and I am hoping Entourage will be a hit with them as they loved the DCL clubs on our first cruise last month.

My boys are 14 and 17. I often saw them running around the ship on scavenger hunts and other games and I truly never saw my boys because they were with friends or entourage the whole time. It had a "no parent policy" which I'm sure they loved lol. It also had fooseball, xboxes, etc. they didn't have their own jacuzzi and bar like on DCL. I think my boys liked the DCL one more, but they still had a great time. The app was useful because you could text anyone who had the app, so they could connect with their friends to,find out where they were on the ship.

Did the ship feel crowded?

Did you enjoy the waterfront?

The ship felt crowded in some places. But for the most part it was fine. It's so big and there is so much to do that I thought it felt okay. Mostly the pools and garden cafe. But otherwise it wasn't so bad. The slides and ropes course had lines sometimes but not all the time. The Waterfront was nice but a lot of people smoked over there so I didn't go there much :( sadly people smoked at most of the outdoor bars even though I don't think they were supposed to.

My boys are 14 and 17. I often saw them running around the ship on scavenger hunts and other games and I truly never saw my boys because they were with friends or entourage the whole time. It had a "no parent policy" which I'm sure they loved lol. It also had fooseball, xboxes, etc. they didn't have their own jacuzzi and bar like on DCL. I think my boys liked the DCL one more, but they still had a great time. The app was useful because you could text anyone who had the app, so they could connect with their friends to,find out where they were on the ship.

Sounds great, thank you!

Thanks for your review and great that you had a wonderful time.

Could I ask you a few questions please?

1. How's the iconcierge? Did it work well? I heard that the reception was not that good.

2. Did you make reservation for the comedy shows? I could not find it available as I was trying to book it online.

3. Did you find the weather scorching as it sailed down? I am afraid of heat! :(

Thanks.

Thanks for your review and great that you had a wonderful time.

Could I ask you a few questions please?

1. How's the iconcierge? Did it work well? I heard that the reception was not that good.

2. Did you make reservation for the comedy shows? I could not find it available as I was trying to book it online.

3. Did you find the weather scorching as it sailed down? I am afraid of heat! :(

Thanks.

I concierge worked pretty well. It disconnected a few times but for the most part it worked well. It was really useful for checking on my statement. Seeing what was happening that day and calling or texting my kids. I also used it to book my comedy tickets. You can also book tickets on the large monitors near the elevators.

I made reservations for one show once I was on the boat but once I did that it wouldn't let me make them for other shows so I stood in the standby line. I never had a problem I got in every time. I loved the shows.

Howl at the moon was great also.

Weather was pretty hot and humid. Pool felt great and it was nice in the shade. Amazingly I didn't get sunburned :)

When are you going?

Thanks for the quick snippet. We are leaving THIS SATURDAY!!!! :D I am excited but a little nervous as we will be bringing our 15 month old son and it is our first NCL cruise!

You will have a great time :) the en dining is really easy and you can do as much or as little as you'd like. The sponge bob water area is fun - lots of little kids in there :)

Thanks for the review. We're sailing in a little under three weeks with a 12 year old and a nine year old.

Sent from my HTC One M8 on Verizon via Tapatalk

My 10 year old went to splash a few times. He liked the after hours more than the early activities. They have video games but they aren't always available. There's a fee for 1030-1 $6 per hour :( entourage didn't charge a fee. Wasn't too crazy about that. My 10 yr old had more fun with mini golf, ropes course and water slides. And bowling was his favorite ($5 a game though).

I read on a previous post to wear swim suits when you get on the ship. Great idea. We wore our suits and jumped right onto the slides. No lines! Ropes course had no lines also but required closed toed shoes and dry clothes.

Thanks for the review. What kind of crowd was onboard? I have never cruised the Caribbean in the summer. More of an international crowd? Lots of kids? I'm curious how the demographics would change by season.

Thanks for the review. What kind of crowd was onboard? I have never cruised the Caribbean in the summer. More of an international crowd? Lots of kids? I'm curious how the demographics would change by season.

Yeah there were a lot of international travelers but kind of a little of everyone :) my kids were hanging out with kids from Norway. There were a lot of kids.

Thanks for posting! Two questions:

(1) How did you know when the rock wall and trampoline would be closed? I'd hate to take them out of Splash club, and get over there and have it be closed.

(2) Were the comedy shows appropriate for your 10 year old? My kids are a bit younger than that. I'm not sure if the "early" show on NCL just means they can't use the F word...or if it's really humor that would be appropriate for the elementary schoolers.

Thanks for posting! Two questions:

(1) How did you know when the rock wall and trampoline would be closed? I'd hate to take them out of Splash club' date=' and get over there and have it be closed.

(2) Were the comedy shows appropriate for your 10 year old? My kids are a bit younger than that. I'm not sure if the "early" show on NCL just means they can't use the F word...or if it's really humor that would be appropriate for the elementary schoolers.[/quote']

There was a schedule posted near each activity showing when they were open each day :) most things were open between 10-6 closed 12-2. But each activity was different. For ropes course and Rockwall you had to have dry clothes and closed toed shoes.

They don't use bad language. My 10 year old laughed at some of the jokes, but he only went to the main show in the theater. He probably would have preferred to go elsewhere. He didn't like legally blond. But did enjoy the Illusion. They also played a lot of kids movies in Spice and atrium. Some 3D. :) he liked those and he also liked deal or no deal, bingo and family feud.

Plenty to do for little ones including the sponge bob breakfast, meet and greet and sponge bob splash zone :)

Was there a height and or weight limit for the slides? I read there was a 48 inch height requirement for the water slide where you drop straight down but then i read you also have to be 99 pounds.

Was there a height and or weight limit for the slides? I read there was a 48 inch height requirement for the water slide where you drop straight down but then i read you also have to be 99 pounds.

The drop down did have a weight requirement to help ensure you make it through the loop. Can't remember a height requirement. My 10 yr old doesn't weigh 99 so he went on the other slides :) the other slides had no min height that I noticed. The red and orange were super fast - much faster than expected. My family enjoyed those more then the drop. The purple was easy and good for younger.