Danube Water Levels - with Gate 1

ninaks

We are going on a Danube river cruise on Sept 25th on Gate 1. It is my first trip with Gate 1 after a couple of river cruises with Viking. I am checking if anyone knows about the water levels on the Danube, if there are any concerns. Anyone gone on this trip with Gate 1 and can give us any advice. Thanks!

Our research indicated that many of the older ships (2012 & before) have deeper drafts & thus are more prone to water depth issues . We were on a Emerald cruise late July on the Danube & had no problem.

Edited by dabear

We are going on a Danube river cruise on Sept 25th on Gate 1. It is my first trip with Gate 1 after a couple of river cruises with Viking. I am checking if anyone knows about the water levels on the Danube, if there are any concerns. Anyone gone on this trip with Gate 1 and can give us any advice. Thanks!

Hi, Ninaks, I read a post of yours on another thread. We're with Gate 1 just before you. Check out this app: River Cruise Info. It includes graphs of the water levels of European rivers. Unfortunately, something has happened to the map portion of their site and that part doesn't work well. The map app I like is Ulmon's CityMaps2Go. The Danube has had a lot of rain recently, but it seems to have tapered off a bit.

thank you so much for the information. I know you will be on the week before us, but if you get a chance to post any information or recommendations I would love that. We are especially having a hard time deciding which optional tours to take. Thanks again for your help and happy travels