Entertainment aboard Azura?

Mr&MrsSmith79

So myself, husband and two children (13 & 3) plus my father in law & partner, set sail on the 31st of August and I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea of the sort of entertainment I.e shows/singers/music that may possibly feature on our cruise?

Me and my eldest son (and my toddler actually) are huge rat pack fans and also love classical music to, (I've raised mini-me's well haven't I haha) so we were hoping for some of that genre? I've heard that a high percentage of music is along the lines of YMCA & "Buttercup!"?? I think they're my ideas of torture songs haha! No offence to anyone.

What are the shows usually like? Should I sit any alone? (Non-child friendly)

Cheers everyone

• 2 weeks later...
So myself, husband and two children (13 & 3) plus my father in law & partner, set sail on the 31st of August and I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea of the sort of entertainment I.e shows/singers/music that may possibly feature on our cruise?

Me and my eldest son (and my toddler actually) are huge rat pack fans and also love classical music to, (I've raised mini-me's well haven't I haha) so we were hoping for some of that genre? I've heard that a high percentage of music is along the lines of YMCA & "Buttercup!"?? I think they're my ideas of torture songs haha! No offence to anyone.

What are the shows usually like? Should I sit any alone? (Non-child friendly)

Cheers everyone

We've just been on Azura, so I can give you an idea of the entertainment we had. First night was a Dancing show (we didn't go as it's not my thing), next was the Headliners group doing Curtains Up (music from musicals like Guys and Dolls, Les Mis, Blood Brothers etc) was excellent. A comedian (didn't watch), a Vocal group called We3 who do everything without any accompaniment using their voices, mostly modern hits and classics like Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder. They were amazing. The comedian did a second night in the playhouse, as did We3, and the Headliners did a film show called Reel 2 Reel highlighting British films and their songs which was good.

Out of the playhouse there were tribute acts like Gary Barlow (Good) and George Michael (Okay) in Manhattan. A singer called Portia who sang diva stuff like Adelle who we didn't hear but everyone we met said she was excellent. I'm sure you'll find something to suit you all :)

• 3 weeks later...