New cruiser - Please help!

Warrenwonders

Hi Everyone,

I'm just in the throws of planning a family cruise for Oct 16. We are going to WDW and I would love to also have a 7 night cruise attached. I am currently looking at Disney Fantasy 7 night Western but I'm not sure if the cruise line is suitable for teenagers (our daughters will be 17 & 14) Any opinions please as it's a lot of wasted money if its too geared towards younger children. Thanks in advance

As far as teen programming....there is an entire area of the ship, including a special pool reserved for people 14-17. And they are also welcome in all family activities and areas. Now, if you have super physically active teens who would rather do rock climbing and ice skating, DCL is not the line for you....but there is a sports deck, mini golf area, etc for families.

We did several DCL cruises with a teen--always a good time.

OK, fairness, the teen pool hours are sometimes quite limited (I've heard various excuses for this), but the Vibe activities in general are good. And there is a special spa area for teens also!

I've sailed with my grandson on several Disney cruises since he was 5 years old. He is 14 now and seems to enjoy the cruise even more now that he can hang out with kids his own age in the teen club. I think it depends on the teen & how outgoing they are, what their interests are, and what they like to do on vacation. But Disney does try to have activities for every age group, not just the youngest.