Other Magnetic Surfaces Besides Stateroom Door

Tigger05

Are there any other magnetic surfaces in the cabin besides the stateroom door? I think I'd like to put up some interior decorations for our son and wanted to make a determination of what would work. Thanks!

In other cruise ships all the walls are metal and magnetic, hence I pack magnetic hooks and pegs so can hang things on them e.g sunglasses and fix receipts, tickets etc to the walls!

I've bought magnetic pegs as a FE gift too! so hope that this is the case on DCL too!

Gillian

Can remember the walls and ceiling work with magnets. But the door did for me.

fyi.... there's been complaints that the doors don't work with all magnets because there's so many coats of paint. Please don't bring paint thinner.

MANY of the surfaces are metallic--basically' date=' if it isn't wood, it is metal.[/quote']

So anything that's painted white should be metal, is that what I'm understanding?

Jeez, paint thinner...I can only imagine. :rolleyes:

So anything that's painted white should be metal, is that what I'm understanding?

Jeez, paint thinner...I can only imagine. :rolleyes:

Walls and ceilings basically. You just need stronger magnets depending on the surface.

Cheap magnetic self adhesive strips may work, but that all depends on the weight of your decorations.

ex techie

And if anything you put up mars the surface, you can be charged for repainting. The only place I've ever been aware of anyone being charged is the exterior door but the statement is in the contract. No adhesives of any kind, magnets only, and you pay if you damage their surface.

They used to have to repaint doors frequently till they started the "magnets only" policy.

Edited by moki'smommy

Paint thinner. Really!! I am not sure that is sufficient by itself. You should also bring one of the heavy duty heat guns (i.e, hair dryer on steroids) or better yet, a propane torch to help remove the paint. That shouldn't be a problem, should it? :D:D

Concierge doors have a wood veneer that won't work with magnets.

Do the suite stateroom doors on the Wonder have a wood veneer? I heard it was just the Fantasy and Dream. It is my understanding, the suite stateroom doors on the Wonder are metal, so our door magnets will work just fine. Can anyone clarify? I'm very curious. My family doesn't leave until November, but I've been working on our door magnets already. We are in a one bedroom suite.

Do the suite stateroom doors on the Wonder have a wood veneer? I heard it was just the Fantasy and Dream. It is my understanding, the suite stateroom doors on the Wonder are metal, so our door magnets will work just fine. Can anyone clarify? I'm very curious. My family doesn't leave until November, but I've been working on our door magnets already. We are in a one bedroom suite.

All of the doors are metal. Fire regulations. They are predominantly painted.

Some have a wooden veneer to give the appearance of wood in the Concierge Stateroom categories as you have said.

It is also worth noting that the amount of layers of paint, on even a painted door will effect the magnetism you can achieve with your decorations. The more scuff's or chips, the more times that door has to be painted, and they obviously cannot just remove doors, sand and or strip them constantly.

DISNEY FANTASY has reported troubles on his Magic cruise he is on with his magnets sticking on his metal painted door.

Use your Concierge status to contact the shoreside Concierge and ask them!

They will be able to provide you with the most up to date and accurate information on your Stateroom door.

Even tip's like "A family used magnetic paper decorations last week and they did not have a problem", or "A family last week found that the veneer or paint was too think for their magnets to stick".

ex techie

Thanks for the information, BullDawg91, Moki'smommy and Ex techie

I'm almost done with our door magnets, just need to attach the magnets now. I'll probably just finish this project, and hope for the best. If they don't stick, I'll take them home, and put them on our fridge.

Thanks for the information, BullDawg91, Moki'smommy and Ex techie

I'm almost done with our door magnets, just need to attach the magnets now. I'll probably just finish this project, and hope for the best. If they don't stick, I'll take them home, and put them on our fridge.

On any of the doors, don't buy the cheapie magnets. Pay a bit more and get something a little stronger if you are hanging anything heavier than a piece of laminated paper. We got some plastic magnets as gifts. EVERY time we closed the door, they fell off.