New to Disney ??

Bettyboop66

My husband and I are looking at trying our first Disney cruise. I had a question about connecting staterooms. We don't need ones that connect but the cabins that we are looking at are connecting staterooms. We've sailed in one of these in the past on the Pride of America and we heard lots of noise from the other room. Even if someone was coughing we heard it. We are looking at the Disney Wonder and will be sailing from San Diego through the Panama Canal, so we would like to be low on the ship and in the middle in case of rough seas, so we really want don't want to pick a different location but wondering about the noise. Thanks for any advice that you all have.

We have stayed in a connecting cabin on the Wonder when we did not know the neighbors. Heard NOTHING, literally. If we had not seen them leaving one day, we would not have known there were people in the room. Seriously, we've had more noise from neighbors in non-connecting rooms. I would not hesitate to book connecting again. There are 2 heavy doors between the rooms (one on each side.)

We've stayed in connecting rooms on the Dream 3 times and when the door was shut we didn't hear anything of that helps. I wouldn't even know they were over there until I tried to call them to see where they were and they were right next door!

Thank you both so much, we booked our cruise tonight!! It's not until next year, we already have a Princess cruise booked for later this year. So I am going to be spending a lot of time on the Disney boards learning the tips and tricks for cruising Disney. Thanks again!!!

I love these forums so you'll find lots of great info. Our next cruise is on Royal Caribbean so I just bounced over here to DCL check out what was going on. When I was researching the DCL there's also another great forum at disboards.com (they also have a non-DCL thread so I've been hanging out there too. Not to plug another site but you might find some different stuff there too.

I love these forums so you'll find lots of great info. Our next cruise is on Royal Caribbean so I just bounced over here to DCL check out what was going on. When I was researching the DCL there's also another great forum at disboards.com (they also have a non-DCL thread so I've been hanging out there too. Not to plug another site but you might find some different stuff there too.

Thanks for the tip about the other board. I will absolutely give it a look. We've cruised many times but never Disney, so I'm excitted to try a new line.

Be aware that certain other boards are owned and operated by travel agents who highly restrict what can and cannot be posted. And guess what area of discussion is most restricted? They allow discussion of those agencies that may operate out of "big box" stores or belong to nationwide automobile clubs (so it doesn't appear that discussion of agencies is disallowed), but not of agencies that they consider to be serious competitors. And the main thing that cannot be posted is any criticism of their agency although heaps of praise is welcomed.

While the other boards may be busier, this one is far more fair and balanced. (personal opinion only). Also, check out your cruise date on social media sites.

Be aware that certain other boards are owned and operated by travel agents who highly restrict what can and cannot be posted. And guess what area of discussion is most restricted? They allow discussion of those agencies that may operate out of "big box" stores or belong to nationwide automobile clubs (so it doesn't appear that discussion of agencies is disallowed)' date=' but not of agencies that they consider to be serious competitors. And the main thing that cannot be posted is any criticism of their agency although heaps of praise is welcomed.

While the other boards may be busier, this one is far more fair and balanced. (personal opinion only). Also, check out your cruise date on social media sites.[/quote']

Thanks, I get most of my information about cruising here on Cruise Critic. I'm always amazed at how fast I can get an answer to almost any question I have about almost anything. Gotta love that!!