Divina Miami --> Ft. Lauderdale Question

Stuart&John

In January, I will be taking my first MSC cruise, on the Divina. We sail out of Miami, of course, but we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before, and driving down the morning of the cruise. I have a couple of questions about our plans:

1) I have been led to believe that there is no direct drop off at the pier. Does that mean that we have to drop off the car at the MIA airport and grab some sort of shuttle to the pier?

2) My experience with other lines is that they often offer excursions on the day of disembarkation that are airport transfers in disguise. And that for ships docking in Ft. Lauderdale, there will be versions of said excursion that get you to FLL, and versions that will get you to MIA. Does anyone know if MSC offers the same sort of excursions, or do I have to book the plain old, standard transfers?

(I have already looked at the excursions being offered for our itinerary, but the stop at our last port, and don't include Miami.)

Any light that anyone can shed on these subjects would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

S&J

I have always gotten a car rental at FLL the day before the cruise. I drop it at MIA and get free shuttle to port. After the cruise, the same shuttle picks me up and takes me to MIA to get another car. I then return that to FLL that evening or the next morning if we are staying another night. I pay less than $40 tax and fees included. For 3 or more people, it's cheaper than SAS shuttle.

In January, I will be taking my first MSC cruise, on the Divina. We sail out of Miami, of course, but we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before, and driving down the morning of the cruise. I have a couple of questions about our plans:

1) I have been led to believe that there is no direct drop off at the pier. Does that mean that we have to drop off the car at the MIA airport and grab some sort of shuttle to the pier?

2) My experience with other lines is that they often offer excursions on the day of disembarkation that are airport transfers in disguise. And that for ships docking in Ft. Lauderdale, there will be versions of said excursion that get you to FLL, and versions that will get you to MIA. Does anyone know if MSC offers the same sort of excursions, or do I have to book the plain old, standard transfers?

(I have already looked at the excursions being offered for our itinerary, but the stop at our last port, and don't include Miami.)

Any light that anyone can shed on these subjects would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

S&J

I don't understand why you need car rental if you only there for 1 day? Book hotel close to port and have a cab drive you to port . Book a shuttle from Fort to Miami . Maybe little bit more but save time with pick up-drop off car rental and parking fee around $ 25-$35 per night in hotel.

2. yes MSC has same excursions like everybody else but its all depend on your flight time.

I have always gotten a car rental at FLL the day before the cruise. I drop it at MIA and get free shuttle to port. After the cruise, the same shuttle picks me up and takes me to MIA to get another car. I then return that to FLL that evening or the next morning if we are staying another night. I pay less than $40 tax and fees included. For 3 or more people, it's cheaper than SAS shuttle.

Is the free shuttle to port available to anyone or do you have to make a reservation? Do you have any more details on the free shuttle such as where to find it, etc? We will be flying to Miami in June for an MSC cruise and any info would be appreciated. TIA

We prefer to have the freedom to go where we want after the cruise. We stay in FLL so there are no parking fees. We like to visit South Beach and Hollywood Beach and eat at Aruba's!

I get that shuttle where I drop my car at MIA. They drop you right at the door on the pier. You do have to have a reservation, but all people in the party are shuttled for free. It's easy, inexpensive, and offers you to go where you want for the day without relying on taxis!

We prefer to have the freedom to go where we want after the cruise. We stay in FLL so there are no parking fees. We like to visit South Beach and Hollywood Beach and eat at Aruba's!

I get that shuttle where I drop my car at MIA. They drop you right at the door on the pier. You do have to have a reservation, but all people in the party are shuttled for free. It's easy, inexpensive, and offers you to go where you want for the day without relying on taxis!

How do you make a reservation for this free shuttle?