Adding transportation to existing booking

Travellergal4

I have booked a cruise on the Dream for my sister and I, and during the booking process, I requested DCL transportation from the port back to MCO after the cruise ($35 pp). We weren't sure at the time if we'd be renting a car to get us to the port. Now we've decided to just go with the Disney bus from our Disney hotel to the port at the start of our cruise. I'm not sure how to add this additional transportation to the existing booking. Is it possible online or do I have to call Disney Cruise Lines to request?

Thanks!

We just got off the Dream and used a private operator for $18 with tip to cruise port and back.

Want to tell us what service? That's a great price. As long as it isn't a travel agent, you can tell us the name and contact info.

Was the price based on a large group going together, or is it available to two people at that price?

What I mean is that I know of a service that will do a bus for a group of 20 or more at approximately that price, but you have to have that size of a group to use them. Other people run shuttles at a particular time (basically they put the group together)...and others run a private service.

I can not find the business card but here was his number 407-342-1122. I did everything over the phone, most professional operator we ever used. SUV was clean (some stink). We had 2 vans that day (8 in one and 7 in another). He was prompt and efficient:)

Good luck and enjoy!

The bus from the resort to the ship tends to run much later than we like to get to the ship and generally stops at several resorts. It is pretty easy to rent a car one way. Check if your resort has a car desk (there is a Hertz desk at the Hilton adjacent to Downtown Disney). Or you can rent at the airport before going to the resort. While the Disney bus system is pretty good it is sometimes hard to get from one park to another without changing buses so having a car can be an advantage if you are park hopping.

Resort to port--each bus is scheduled for 3 resorts, so whether your bus goes to 0 or 2 additional with you on board depends on whether you were the first or last pick up spot. The bus generally arrives at the port about 1:30.

Car rental is available from Budget at the Doubleday hotel, Hertz at the Hilton, and (?) Avis at the Swan/Dolphin. These are not the WDW resort hotels, but rather the "good neighbor hotels near Downtown Disney (except Swan/Dolphin which are a hybrid creature). They will shuttle you from your resort IF they have the driver available, but it is an easy walk from DTD.

DCL transportation from the airport to the cruise terminal is great. From the resorts, it is convenient, luggage handling is good, but arrivals are later than many wish. It is a good time to catch a character breakfast before the departure though!