Seeking Graham Seymour! :-)

Hi Graham

I hope you find this thread! I understand you will be on Explorer of the Seas over our vacation starting 14 February 2016. Assuming this is correct, I'm wondering if you could give me some Cruise Director direction (and let me know if what I'm hoping for will be permitted during our cruise). :-)

About 15 family members will be on board to celebrate my parents-in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary. I sing and play guitar and, together with the entire family, would like to do a rehearsed "pub song" at the Crown & Kettle one afternoon.

By "rehearsed", I mean it won't sound like a bunch of drunks but a tight, nicely-performed song (Crazy Little Thing Called Love, to be exact). The idea is to get my wife's parents down for an "afternoon drink", then out comes an acoustic guitar and mandolin, I start singing, then the rest of the family does rehearsed backup singing. Naturally, there would be opportunity for other pub patrons to clap along.

When we were on Voyager earlier in 2015, it appeared 3:30pm-4:00pm might be a good time before it's too busy to fit the entire family in! But I have concerns about when a band may be playing in the Promenade (which I can't compete with in volume) and any recorded music which may be playing in the pub or throughout the Promenade. If we're inside the pub, then recorded music in the Promenade will likely not be an issue.

Lastly, I wonder if your onboard videographer would be able to video the occasion (5 minutes) so that, if the price isn't too high, we can buy a DVD.

We're already getting the song together in the hopes that we can go ahead with this (and that there's no problems with us bringing musical instruments on board).

If all this is OK, can you let me know the first step once we board? Do I try to locate you to sort any details?

Thanks so much for any help you can give!

Very much appreciated,

Mark

Taree NSW

Hope this finds you well

I read through your request

Unfortunately I am not on board at that time I will be off on break Jan 28th and as of now no idea who will be my fill. All I can offer at this stage is to keep the request on file when I find out who my fill is let them know of your requests. and it will be there call from there

be well

Very best

Graham

Hope this finds you well

I read through your request

Unfortunately I am not on board at that time I will be off on break Jan 28th and as of now no idea who will be my fill. All I can offer at this stage is to keep the request on file when I find out who my fill is let them know of your requests. and it will be there call from there

be well

Very best

Graham

Hey Graham!!! Hope you are well!!

Had you on Rhapsody last year for the first time and we had a great time and big laughs, thanks so much :D Looking forward to having you on Explorer in Dec!! :D

Had

Hi Graham, Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to miss out on having you onboard - you seem popular! I'd appreciate very much if you can pass the word onto the CD who will be onboard at the time. I don't know if they can contact me (I don't want to put an email address on here). If they posted on this page, I'd get notification, I guess. Thanks again.

tattedbarbz, not sure how we'd be putting "the whole ship on hold". Not sure how a "pub song" would have that effect. Strange comment, indeed!

In case anyone else has mis-read my initial post as seems to be the case with tattedbarbz, here's a quick clarification:

My enquiry about when/if a band or recorded music is playing in the Promenade is so I can work around those things – I'm not requesting that those things be changed in any way. No, I'm not wanting to "take over the ship". :-)

If there was an impromptu pub sing-a-long, no one would think a thing of it. In fact, most onlookers would smile broadly and think it was great! It would be seen as part of the holiday spirit. I'm seeking to do the same thing but without the impromptu part. I'm doing the respectful thing and speaking to the Cruise Director.

At the very, very most, I'd be asking if the background music in the pub be turned down for a few minutes as might be done on land for an announcement. On the Voyager, this sound comes through a little mixer setup within the pub itself. Not exactly a big deal.