Camp Carnival-Any difference from Ship to Ship?

bigdog68138

Hello! My wife and I are considering taking our children (9 and 12) on their first cruise this spring. We were wondering if there was any real noticeable difference in the quality of the kids club from ship to ship? Also, would we be better off just hanging with the kids makin' memories?!?

Quality of kids? We took our 2 on a 4-day, then an 8-day, the other kids onboard were fine on both.

Lots to do for them in camp and outside of camp. We made plenty of memories and they still enjoyed camp. There are activities that go on from the time camp opens (9am/10am) until they close - 10:00pm. They are closed for lunch. After 10:00pm Night Owls starts and that's a per hour fee per child. So they can enjoy camp and family time.

We travel with our 7 yr old granddaughter and she has been on the Glory, Breeze, Liberty, Valor, Magic, and the Dream and Camp Carnival was similar on all of them. At the beginning of each cruise we pick up the week's schedule of activities and then we go through it together and she chooses which activities she wants to participate in. Some days she goes for several hours and other days she doesn't go at all. Many of the ships also have water slides, basketball, volleyball, ropes course, putt putt golf, and of course swimming pools.

Hello! My wife and I are considering taking our children (9 and 12) on their first cruise this spring. We were wondering if there was any real noticeable difference in the quality of the kids club from ship to ship? Also, would we be better off just hanging with the kids makin' memories?!?

Yes, the physical arrangement of the camps are noticeably different. One is already confined to some degree, so the more space the better when it comes to active children. The Dream and the Breeze are both great for children.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

camp program is supposed to be fleet wide. Going for spring break there will be a ton of kids onboard.

your kids will be in two different camps.

camps are not opened 24 hours. Opened at 10 on sea days close at 12:45 open at 2 and closes at 5. Opens back at 7 and fee based at 10.

your 12 year old is not in the fee based programs as that is for 11 and under.

your 9 year old can sign them selves in and out of program with your permission- and will need that permission in order to particiapate in the scavenger hunts etc.

• 11 months later...

We noticed a definite difference between the Pride and the Freedom last November. The Pride staff was a lot more friendly and the activities were better laid out in the schedule than on Freedom. Our niece enjoys the Night Owls parties and we asked specifically about them and were told that there are no parties by the Director. Her boss in Miami said there were definitely supposed to be parties.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

camps are not opened 24 hours. Opened at 10 on sea days close at 12:45 open at 2 and closes at 5. Opens back at 7 and fee based at 10.

Are those new hours??

When we went in Nov 2014, CC opened at 10:00a, and closed at 3:30p. Then reopened at 5:00p.

Is this no longer the case?

We didn't like camp carnival on the Fantasy- class ships. The room they use is much smaller with not as many toys, etc. plus, the counsellors were rude on the Imagination. My child loved camp on the Breeze and Dream (2-5 age group).

First camp my kids went on was the Sensation. And since it was their first time, they didn't know the difference if it was too small or not. Neither did we. lol.

They have been on 3 ships now and enjoyed all of the camps. The space on the Sunshine was probably the smallest but from my own observation, this was the camp my 7 yo enjoyed the most.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

My son is 11 and absolutely LOVES the kids club on all the Carnival ships we have been on EXCEPT the Carnival Victory (he was 9 at the time). The Victory had no real space for the children and the activities were constantly shuffled from place to place, i.e. the club area during the day, the conference room, etc...He never went, whereas on all the other ships we have been on he went religiously.

Are those new hours??

When we went in Nov 2014, CC opened at 10:00a, and closed at 3:30p. Then reopened at 5:00p.

Is this no longer the case?

Mary-- you are responding to a thread that is a year old. things changed since then.

On some ships they now have Ocean club and NO Camp Carnival.

Mary-- you are responding to a thread that is a year old. things changed since then.

On some ships they now have Ocean club and NO Camp Carnival.

My post was in response to the time the kid's club was open, not what the current name is.

(and it's called "Camp Ocean" ;) )

My post was in response to the time the kid's club was open, not what the current name is.

(and it's called "Camp Ocean" ;) )

Camps are now opened all day. Very rare do they close. BUt if you want your kids to eat lunch you better go get them. Dinner is served in the buffet but a parent must take the kids to the buffet - the counselors will not move the kids from one area to the other with a parent

(thought they did away with the "camp" name

Edited by serene56

We were on the Sunshine in August and camp was not open all day per se. They closed for lunch and anytime they had the beary cuddly workshop. Then they closed for dinner.

Your child can ear dinner with camp. You drop them off then the counselors will bring them back to camp to begin evening activities. On port days you can leave the kids if you want to go into port without them and they will make sure they have lunch. They will ask you on port days when you drop them off if you are getting off the ship and what time you plan to return.

Maitai I have camp schedules from camp ocean on the Freedom last year and camp Carnival from the Sunshine this year. I'm happy to email them to you to give you an idea. It won't be exactly the same but it might help put things into perspective a bit more.

Email is my screen name at Gmail dot.com

Is this new??? I haven't cruised with the kids is almost a year. Fleet wide or just specific ships?

we cruises on the Splendor in August and it was opened all day. I dont know if it was a test thing== or a summer thing. (counselors are non too happy about it with the amount of kids that get put there early in the morning and dont see a parent until 10pm

we cruises on the Splendor in August and it was opened all day. I dont know if it was a test thing== or a summer thing. (counselors are non too happy about it with the amount of kids that get put there early in the morning and dont see a parent until 10pm

Oh, I really hope this is going to be something new! I have no desire to leave my kids there a 12 hour stretch, but I do want the flexibility of being able to pick them up when I want and not being a slave to the clock. I travel to get away from that! :D

We were on the Sunshine in August and camp was not open all day per se. They closed for lunch and anytime they had the beary cuddly workshop. Then they closed for dinner.

Your child can ear dinner with camp. You drop them off then the counselors will bring them back to camp to begin evening activities. On port days you can leave the kids if you want to go into port without them and they will make sure they have lunch. They will ask you on port days when you drop them off if you are getting off the ship and what time you plan to return.

Maitai I have camp schedules from camp ocean on the Freedom last year and camp Carnival from the Sunshine this year. I'm happy to email them to you to give you an idea. It won't be exactly the same but it might help put things into perspective a bit more.

I have the camp schedules from when my kids where there, but thanks. I'm more interested in new times that serene56 is posting about. :) :) :) :)

Could you please email me the schedule from Sunshine from this year? I've been looking for some more recent ones and I can't find any. We sail on the Dream in 35 days and I would like to have a general idea.

My kids preferred the programs on the Ecstasy to those on the Breeze. The spaces on the Breeze were definitely larger and fancier, but there seemed to be less adult supervision and interaction, especially for the teens.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016