No ticket

CLOU

We are leaving on our first Silversea cruise on Thursday and I did not receive a cruise ticket. We got a Travel Journal a while ago with luggage tags, but the Journal says cruise tickets would be emailed 5 weeks before sailing. I called my TA when we first got the Journsl and she said we would get a cruise ticket later. When I never go a cruise ticket, I contacted my TA again. She contacted Silversea and they sent the same thing again, a Journal and luggage tags. My TA said she checked and Silversea must have recently changed its procedure because they said there was nothing else to send. I have printed materials from my TA both on it's letterhead and on Silversea letterhead with my booking number and confirmation of my transfer from the airport to the ship. However, no actual cruise ticket. I am used to Seabourn where you can register on line and get an electronic ticket. Plus My TA always also sends a hard ticket. While I was able to fill out my Silversea guest preferenceson line, there was no way to print a ticket. Has Silversea eliminated an actual ticket? Seabourn personnel had told me previously that you don't really need a ticket, which I imagine is true as long as you have ID and a booking number, but since this is my first time with SS, I am just a little concerned.

That you

Hi CLOU, Look inside your Travel Journal and there should be a page near the front of the book that says "your ticket". I usually carry my travel journal booklet with me but I don't think I have ever needed to show an actual ticket. They have your information at the desk so when you show them your id, they will take a picture and issue a card that serves as your room key and photo id to get on and off the ship. That is typically all you will need. Have a wonderful time!

Nope. There is no ticket. There is a page entitled "Your Cruise Information" but then it specifically says it is not a ticket and the ticket will be emailed 5 weeks before the cruise. I am not too worried. I cannot imagine they would not let me board, although I had a small concern since Silversea is providing the airport transfer. I do have local contact info. I wonder if anyone who has sailed in the past has also sailed recently and can report if Silversea has changed it's procedures. Thanks again.

Did you complete all of the guest information forms online? I remembered something that I read and looked it up. They are changing to an e-ticket system but they still mail the Travel Journal out as a keepsake. Mine from this March still had the ticket printed but I bet this was printed before the new way came into effect. My Silversea says that you should get the ticket as an e-mail after you fill out all of the guest info forms. I would take any material you have and can print out but obviously they have you in the system if they sent luggage tags.

If you don't have a ticket don't worry just have your passport and booking number which they can find anyway. I don't even bother printing airline tickets just for assurance write the locator number down and they never need it just ID. You will not be denied boarding because you don't have a ticket.

Bon Voyage

I figured I would not be denied boarding. I just thought it was odd there ws no ticket, and yes, I did complete all of the on line info, but there was no way I saw to print a ticket.

Did you complete all of the guest information forms online? I remembered something that I read and looked it up. They are changing to an e-ticket system but they still mail the Travel Journal out as a keepsake. Mine from this March still had the ticket printed but I bet this was printed before the new way came into effect. My Silversea says that you should get the ticket as an e-mail after you fill out all of the guest info forms. I would take any material you have and can print out but obviously they have you in the system if they sent luggage tags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope. There is no ticket. There is a page entitled "Your Cruise Information" but then it specifically says it is not a ticket and the ticket will be emailed 5 weeks before the cruise. I am not too worried. I cannot imagine they would not let me board, although I had a small concern since Silversea is providing the airport transfer. I do have local contact info. I wonder if anyone who has sailed in the past has also sailed recently and can report if Silversea has changed it's procedures. Thanks again.

Hi, Clou,

I, too, am leaving on a Silversea cruise soon. My TA forwarded electronic tickets to me via email toward the end of May. Silversea did not send them to me directly.

I will print the email and take it with me, but I can't recall anyone asking to see actual tickets at check in. I do recall being asked for my name and my passport at check in.

It's possible that someone in port security might ask to see your tickets; I imagine showing the Your Cruise Information page in the Travel Journal would be sufficient. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.

I hope you have a great trip!

Karen

Thanks for all the replies. I am not to worried about getting past port security since i have a Silversea transport from the airport. I was more worried about pickup at the airport, but I do have a confirmation of that (albeit not a ticket) and a local contact number. I am also not really worried about being denied boarding without a ticket. I was just making sure I wasn't missing something or wouldn't be causing a delay at embarkation.

So, I finally found where on the website I could print an e-ticket. It took some surfing through various tabs, but I found it. I was just being inept. Thanks for everyone's help.

So, I finally found where on the website I could print an e-ticket. It took some surfing through various tabs, but I found it. I was just being inept. Thanks for everyone's help.

OK Where did you find it, so I won't have to be concerned when we are getting ready to sail.

It was under "My Silversea," "Guest Information Form" and "Documents" - all the way on the bottom. I kept looking for it to pop up as an option after I filled out all of my guest info. Like I said, the problem turns out to have been my stupidity all along.

Currently on the Silver Whisper. When we boarded in Copenhagen, no request was made for a cruise ticket, just our passports (even though I had printed it from the website). When I offered it, they commented that they really didn't need it.