20 Year Olds

youngcruiser1995

Hello Silversea cruisers, our family are considering cruising on Silversea celebrating my parents silver anniversary. We're weighing up an asian cruise or a silver discoverer cruise to new zealand. My brother and I are 20 years old, I understand the formal policy on consuming alcohol is above 21. Is this strictly enforced or can our parents sign a waiver. As at home (Australia) we've been drinking for over 2 years and the waters we'd be sailing in would have us legal to drink also. Thanks for your help silver cruisers.

We had this experience with a nephew. The Hotel Director OK'd the staff to serve him alcohol. We were on the Cloud 8 years ago for a family anniversary cruise which was a huge success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on a Christmas cruise (Panama Canal) two years ago and two families were quite disappointed because the 21 age limit was enforced.

That said, having seen the drunken state of one of those 19 year olds after reboarding following the port stop in Cabo, many passengers were quite relieved he wasn't served alcohol on board.

Maybe it depends on whomever the Hotel Director is on the cruise.

It depends on the hotel director as noted above. We have traveled extensively with our sons. They are now well above drinking age in any country, but when they were younger, we did cruise with them a lot. Sometimes it was ok for them to drink alcohol, sometimes not. Most times it was ok, especially if they appeared responsible, but there is no guarantee.