November 13 2015 ....Whisper

Melissa Roberts

Hi, we're looking fwd to our first cruise c/o Silversea in November departing from Barbados. It's just a 7 day islands trip but we are looking fwd to it as all we have heard for yrs is Silversea and how good they are. I'm just wondering if there are any very formal nights as we had on the QM2? I know it's smart casual and that suits us just fine. Anyone else out there on this trip? Thanks for any response.

Hello. We're Ann & Peter from the UK. We're doing the previous cruise and staying on for this one. We had the same question about formal in the Caribbean. This is our first on Silversea. I thought that on a 7-night cruise there would be one formal, 3 casual and 3 semi-formal - but we have not yet seen a brochure or received any info so I may be completely wrong. I don't mind dressing up but I do sympathise with the gentlemen in hot climates - and a dinner suit takes up so much space when packing.

Hello. We're Ann & Peter from the UK. We're doing the previous cruise and staying on for this one. We had the same question about formal in the Caribbean. This is our first on Silversea. I thought that on a 7-night cruise there would be one formal, 3 casual and 3 semi-formal - but we have not yet seen a brochure or received any info so I may be completely wrong. I don't mind dressing up but I do sympathise with the gentlemen in hot climates - and a dinner suit takes up so much space when packing.

Hello Ann and Peter, nice to hear from you. I have spoken to a few people since posting who travel every yr on Silversea and they tell me there are no formal as such evenings (unless definitely specified) and so that's fine by us. It all gets a bit too much as you say with the packing esp as my tiara doesn't do too good being squashed ;)

We are staying a few days in Barbados prior to joining the ship and looking fwd to revising old haunts.

Maybe we should start a roll call...I looked into it but can't find the start thread icon on the roll call....maybe you are more familiar with this website? PS I should amend my profile as now living happily back in the UK.

Edited by Melissa Roberts

We were on the Whisper in Norway in July and there was not a formal night on the 7 night leg, although the pre-cruise materials said there would be. I am not one who cares much one way or another, but if we had known it was going to be optional, it would have saved some luggage weight. As a result, on what was now "formal optional" there were tuxes and

men with no ties in similar numbers.

Hi,

I think you will have one formal night. We did 2 years ago and we are booked on the Whisper 6th Nov to 13th Nov 2015 and there is one formal evening.

Log in to your booking via the Silversea web site and you can see all the info you will need with regards to formal nights, on line dinner reservations, spa etc.

Does anyone know if they are still having the BBQ evenings?

Have a great cruise.

Nope. BBQs on deck, Galley Brunch and Tea in the Panorama are out. Thank you, USPHS. I forget which ship, but Tea is back to being served in the Panorama Lounge versus the Terrace. Roborab, policies change over 2 years.

Edited by duct tape

Hi,

I think you will have one formal night. We did 2 years ago and we are booked on the Whisper 6th Nov to 13th Nov 2015 and there is one formal evening.

Log in to your booking via the Silversea web site and you can see all the info you will need with regards to formal nights, on line dinner reservations, spa etc.

Does anyone know if they are still having the BBQ evenings?

Have a great cruise.

Would love to do that but, despite booking several weeks ago, we still cannot access all sections. It's my husband's birthday on the first night and our TA had to make the speciality reservation for me. I think I'll chase again!