Anyone been to Tangier lately ?

soloadventurer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tangier was one of our ports at the end of January. We opted for the ship's tour to Chefchaouen and would highly recommend it. It was very colourful, and the included lunch was wonderful. Wear suitable footwear if travelling there, streets were very slippery when wet. A lovely elderly Moroccan lady helped me stay upright on one occasion. It was a two hour bus ride away, so I would not recommend attempting this with a local tour. The ship had to wait for our bus, we arrived back one hour late due to traffic in Tangier.

Our ship docked in view of the medina in Tangier, but as we were on a full day tour we only saw it from the bus.

• 10 months later...
Tangier was one of our ports at the end of January. We opted for the ship's tour to Chefchaouen and would highly recommend it. It was very colourful, and the included lunch was wonderful. Wear suitable footwear if travelling there, streets were very slippery when wet. A lovely elderly Moroccan lady helped me stay upright on one occasion. It was a two hour bus ride away, so I would not recommend attempting this with a local tour. The ship had to wait for our bus, we arrived back one hour late due to traffic in Tangier.

Our ship docked in view of the medina in Tangier, but as we were on a full day tour we only saw it from the bus.

Thank you for sharing, we will be in Tangier on the 16th of April and want to visit Chefchaouen and were considering a private tour versus the ship tour. Hearing about traffic, we may just be booking the ship's excursion.

Thank you for sharing, we will be in Tangier on the 16th of April and want to visit Chefchaouen and were considering a private tour versus the ship tour. Hearing about traffic, we may just be booking the ship's excursion.

I'm sure you'll have a great day. Apart from the traffic issue, you'll get a lot more out of it with a local guide. On our NCL tour a guide from Chefchaouen took over when we arrived there. He was so witty, and added a lot to our day.:)

Edited by rosebuds