Just booked Divina May 2017

put me on a ship

Well, I did it! We are going to try MSC, and booked the Yacht Club for May of 2017, on the Divina! We are really looking forward to trying a new cruise line.

I sure would appreciate any feedback on anything MSC. What are your favorite meals? What kind of entertainment do they offer? Is MSC typically more formal than other lines? Etc. etc. I want to hear it all! The good, the bad, the ugly.

Thanks!

Kat

If you search this forum you will find a lot of info. As an intro, we are experienced cruisers and for the last 6-8 years have been pretty loyal to Celebrity typically going Suite or Aqua, and always enjoyed it, had a great 12 day in the Med last summer in a Suite with the new restaurant. We enjoy food, cocktails and generally having a good time.

We live in South Florida so a lot of cruising is easy, and summer of 2014 we booked a last minute Yacht Club cabin on the Divina, against the advice of my "cruise guy" agent. But the timing was right, price good, and the Yacht Club sounded right up our alley. It was great, service everywhere in the YC excellent, food and drink always available, they truly make you feel special. Lounges always available at the YC pool, drink service great, cool towels, no crowds or kids, totally relaxing. Food in Le Muse is very good, typical good cruise food, nice Italian flair on many dishes, and again the service is great ! Shows were fine, we missed the lack of comedians but understand the multi-cultural audience and the difficulty it would create. We stayed in the YC a lot because you get so spoiled the rest of the ship just seems crowded, too busy, noisy and less desirable.

I guess the best endorsement of all is that we are sailing YC again on 5/29, same itinerary as last time, and really looking forward to it. Have a great trip, and hope you enjoy as much as we did/will !

Well, I did it! We are going to try MSC, and booked the Yacht Club for May of 2017, on the Divina! We are really looking forward to trying a new cruise line.

I sure would appreciate any feedback on anything MSC. What are your favorite meals? What kind of entertainment do they offer? Is MSC typically more formal than other lines? Etc. etc. I want to hear it all! The good, the bad, the ugly.

Thanks!

Kat

I too am just like you Kat!!! I am booked for June 4th 2016 and its my first MSC but have been on many many others. First time on Cruise Critic looking for MSC info. Believe me, I am excited about it. The Forums are super and just look at them. I found one with pictures that gave me all the info I needed. Seems more formal than others but I am looking forward to wearing things I haven't worn in a while!! Have a great time and have fun reading all the reviews. I will let you know my thoughts when I return!

Denise

I too am just like you Kat!!! I am booked for June 4th 2016 and its my first MSC but have been on many many others. First time on Cruise Critic looking for MSC info. Believe me, I am excited about it. The Forums are super and just look at them. I found one with pictures that gave me all the info I needed. Seems more formal than others but I am looking forward to wearing things I haven't worn in a while!! Have a great time and have fun reading all the reviews. I will let you know my thoughts when I return!

Denise

Great! I look forward to hearing from you! And enjoy!

So, I know, being in the Yacht Club, we have anytime dining in Le Muse. Are we able, if we want, to eat in the MDR?? And would that be anytime dining also?

Another question regarding shore excursions. I saw where we can have a tailor made excursion for us, and we are considering something like that for Jamaica. Are we able to arrange this before boarding, and how? Has anyone done this before?

Edited by put me on a ship

So, I know, being in the Yacht Club, we have anytime dining in Le Muse. Are we able, if we want, to eat in the MDR?? And would that be anytime dining also?

Another question regarding shore excursions. I saw where we can have a tailor made excursion for us, and we are considering something like that for Jamaica. Are we able to arrange this before boarding, and how? Has anyone done this before?

No, you will not be able to eat in the MDR...and I honestly don't know why you'd even want to! Noisy, crowded, noisy...Le Muse is awesome!

Yes, you can have a shore excursion tailor-made for you onboard. The concierge will arrange it. But be warned...it will be quite expensive. We tried to book a private tour with our own guide and driver in Jamaica thru MSC and it was well over $600 for the three of us (2 adults and an infant) for a 1/2 day...not including gratuity.

Edited by kathiean

No, you will not be able to eat in the MDR...and I honestly don't know why you'd even want to! Noisy, crowded, noisy...Le Muse is awesome!

Yes, you can have a shore excursion tailor-made for you onboard. The concierge will arrange it. But be warned...it will be quite expensive. We tried to book a private tour with our own guide and driver in Jamaica thru MSC and it was well over $600 for the three of us (2 adults and an infant) for a 1/2 day...not including gratuity.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear Le Muse is good! And that private excursion is a bit pricey. Did you do it, and did you feel it was worth it?

Thanks! I'm glad to hear Le Muse is good! And that private excursion is a bit pricey. Did you do it, and did you feel it was worth it?

No, we did not do it. Just couldn't bring myself to spend that much. :)