Does MSC allow single supplement bookings?

63galaxie

Yes, they do. Sometimes it lets you dummy bookings, sometimes not. I have booked online for myself. I think it depends if any cabins available .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always find it best to contact MSC by phone. Having travelled with them on several other occasions I have built up some perks with the MSC Club Card and these very often offset the single supplements. I also purchase a future reservation voucher when on a cruise which will very often give even more discounts on any future booking and is valid for one year. Also by talking to someone direct it is easier to book exactly what you want (cabin grade, position on deck and other extras such as drinks packages, if not included for free). Trying to get all these combinations into an on line booking just does not seem to work when it is for a solo traveller.

Solo supplements can be horrific - I wish more cruise lines would adopt the system which NCL have on some of their ships i.e. studio cabins with the provision of a Studio Lounge for the use of solo travellers who can meet up there each evening and make plans to dine together, see shows together etc. These studios are on the small side but quite adequate for one person, after all the cabin is just for sleeping in! Other than that we solos just have to look out for the bargains and act fast!

Hope your plans go well.

Suzanne