Discount offers on Caribbean cruises

cabosal

Got an email from SD offering a 3 day sale price on selective Caribbean cruises for Jan - March 2015. Anyone know if future offers may be forthcoming? We are kinda interested in the 2/28 one, having recently missed out on the Dec 13 previous offer (have a wedding to attend). Anyone know if the deadline date (11/19) is written in stone?

Got an email from SD offering a 3 day sale price on selective Caribbean cruises for Jan - March 2015. Anyone know if future offers may be forthcoming? We are kinda interested in the 2/28 one, having recently missed out on the Dec 13 previous offer (have a wedding to attend). Anyone know if the deadline date (11/19) is written in stone?

Don't know about the written in stone but it was a very nice offer. I suspect more will come from time to time.

I'm guessing that this was a targeted offer, because we certainly didn't get an email. And we are booked on a January voyage, so I guess that is why we weren't targeted. Can you tell me if the SDII January 4th voyage was included in the sale?

Regarding your question, I have no idea whether the date would be extended, having never been able to utilitze one of these deals. But I would think that your travel agent might be able to put a hold on a cabin to give you at least a few more days to work things out.

I'm guessing that this was a targeted offer, because we certainly didn't get an email. And we are booked on a January voyage, so I guess that is why we weren't targeted. Can you tell me if the SDII January 4th voyage was included in the sale?

Regarding your question, I have no idea whether the date would be extended, having never been able to utilitze one of these deals. But I would think that your travel agent might be able to put a hold on a cabin to give you at least a few more days to work things out.

No, that one is not offered.

Thanks, Jim. I know it shouldn't matter so much because I booked and paid for a cruise at what I considered at the time a fair price. But when these things happen and the cruise I booked and paid for is included in an offer like this, it seems underhanded and I feel taken advantage of.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Thanks, Jim. I know it shouldn't matter so much because I booked and paid for a cruise at what I considered at the time a fair price. But when these things happen and the cruise I booked and paid for is included in an offer like this, it seems underhanded and I feel taken advantage of.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I agree completely. We have become late bookers on all cruises. We booked SD Costa Rica over a year out. Last time we will book that far. Just about every day, we are bombarded with email and snail mail offers for last minute bookings (usually start at about 60 to 70 days out) at really great rates. Many lines are already offering "free" air for the upcoming season. Regent is offering free or $499 Biz air to selected European cruises. Tells me the ever spiraling cost of air and the continued degradation of service and comfort is beginning to impact cruise line sales.

I'm booked on the SD1 January 31 cruise and didn't get the sale email. Is the January 31 sailing on sale. You would think they would send sale emails to everyone as people booked may have friends that would be interested in going along. A friend also told me he received an email on his birthday offering a discount on further cruises. He doesn't have anything booked at this time.

I'm booked on the SD1 January 31 cruise and didn't get the sale email. Is the January 31 sailing on sale. You would think they would send sale emails to everyone as people booked may have friends that would be interested in going along. A friend also told me he received an email on his birthday offering a discount on further cruises. He doesn't have anything booked at this time.

We're also on the January 31st cruise. SD highlighted that cruise on Facebook last week, so I'm guessing it's not fully booked.

actually, flying has become too inexpensive, the planes are full of smelly, loud, obnoxiious people, with a liberal sprinkling of crying/screaming children. Even biz/first is not immune to this.

You did not have this in the old days. And i also miss shooting monsters off the dc-3's wings.

favorite post ever! ;)

Actually, flying has become too inexpensive, the planes are full of smelly, loud, obnoxiious people, with a liberal sprinkling of crying/screaming children. Even biz/first is not immune to this.

You did not have this in the old days. And I also miss shooting monsters off the DC-3's wings.

DC-3: Low & Slow. Great views out the window for us kids. I still have my BOAC Junior Jet Club pilot's wings and little log book. Yes, flying was a great thing back then. We had a better experience on our recent trip to NYC in the cab than on the airplane going there.:eek: Best flight ever: Athens to Rome, 1969, Olympic Airways Caravelle. One class plane. Excellent.

Edited by Jim Avery

Our first SD cruise, about four years ago, about two months beforehand we got an e-mail of some discounts. One of them was for our cruise, for around $400 less a person. I called them up expecting to pay a rebooking fee to get the discount (in effect we'd cancel our reservation incurring $200, and rebook the same room and such, ending up saving $200 per person). Without asking, they waived the rebooking fee, so we got the full discount of $800. Worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...
unfortunately, the sell by date has expired on that.

Thanks Jim. Was it on the list? Think I might still pursue it since we've been booked on this specific cruise since last March.

-Jim

Not sure. As I was unable to take advantage this time, I deleted it after the sale date. No harm in asking. I have had good luck with their infrequent sales but have also booked a year and a half out. Real consistent, huh?:D

Yah on the consistency. Lol. Will give it a shot tomorrow, fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I am so tempted to take advantage of this. But work, and some lingering doubts about SD after the Panama adventure (and the subsequent US inspection report that said they drew "fresh" water out of the Gulf of Panama!!! Yeuch!) are stopping us.

SD now offering some great rates for early 2015 but also seem to be offering further discounts (using same promo code as in November!)

31 Jan - 7 Feb 2015 San Juan - St. Thomas 7 Days

31 Jan - 7 Feb 2015 St. Thomas - San Juan 7 Days

21 - 28 Feb 2015 St. Thomas - San Juan 7 Days

28 Feb - 7 Mar 2015 Barbados - San Juan 7 Days

28 Feb - 7 Mar 2015 San Juan - St. Martin 7 Days

14 - 21 Mar 2015 St. Martin - San Juan 7 Days

21 - 28 Mar 2015 St. Thomas - San Juan 7 Days

21 - 28 Mar 2015 San Juan - St. Thomas 7 Days

Not sure, but can't see why, they won't combine with the promotion a few days earlier, book By 31 December 2014 and Save

€800EURO or $1,000USD or £625GBP Per Person on any of the voyages below!*

10-17 Jan San Juan, Puerto Rico - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7 Days SeaDream I

24-31 Jan Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas - San Juan, Puerto Rico 7 Days SeaDream I

31 Jan-7 Feb San Juan, Puerto Rico - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7 Days SeaDream I

31 Jan-7 Feb Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas - San Juan, Puerto Rico 7 Days SeaDream II

7-14 Feb Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas - San Juan, Puerto Rico 7 Days SeaDream I

7-14 Feb San Juan, Puerto Rico - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7 Days SeaDream II

28 Feb-7 Mar Bridgetown, Barbados - San Juan, Puerto Rico 7 Days SeaDream I

7-14 Mar Marigot, St. Martin - Round Trip 7 Days SeaDream II

14-21 Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 7 Days SeaDream I

T&Cs state: (and the cut-price fares are listed in SD.com as Book Today)

*Savings are per person and are taken off of the Book Today and Save Fares on our website for the selected voyages only. SeaDream fares are inclusive and Port, Government and Handling & Service charges per person are additional when applicable. Fares are per person based on double occupancy. Special promotional rates apply to Yacht Club Staterooms ONLY. Valid for new bookings only made between 1-31 December 2014. You must use Promo Code PS1114 at time of booking to receive these special savings. Limited space available, Capacity controlled. Not combinable with any other offers. Fare subject to change without notice.

We're booked on the January 31 SD1 cruise. The new sale dropped our cruise price $1100 per person from the time we booked. My TA called Seadream today and was told the sale was for new bookings only. I can understand Seadream's point of view but we couldn't even get an upgrade! I've learned a lesson today and will probably never book Seadream while onboard or in way in advance again. I had planned to book another one of the discount spring cruises if we would have gotten the discount on this one. It would have been a win, win for both of us.

We've been on 10 plus Seadream cruises over the years, you would think they would take care of there loyal clients in some way when this happens. Great customer service again!

Oh, this is not good news! Have you checked the advertised SD website price? I have gotten price reductions several times on that price. Have never been turned down. Never tried on the special sale offers. And I do think the email states that it is for new bookings only. The problem with not booking on board (you don't get the 15%) and I have seen very popular itineraries go no where but up in price.

I do agree it does't seem fair!