Do any port hotels still offer the port parking discount?

metairiegal

That is too bad.

Thank you for the info.

For our June night prior to the cruise (just dh and I), Homewood Suites is $170 (before taxes). That is just too much for basically sleeping there. I was hoping they would at least still have the port parking promotion. Guess, we'll have to find a new place, maybe further away from the port.

We've stayed at the Best Western Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites twice now - they have a free parking and shuttle option. You can see the ship from the balcony (in the distance). Looks like the discount for parking at the port is gone now, but again, they still have the park for free option at the hotel.

I don't know if it fits with your driving plans. but we have always found hotels in the MCO area to be far less costly than at the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area, even for the same brand. Of course if that doesn't suit your route, it doesn't help.

The hotels near the terminal (Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Radisson) are nice, but a little pricey at times. If you are willing to drive a mile or so down the road, you'll find better values.

I don't know if it fits with your driving plans. but we have always found hotels in the MCO area to be far less costly than at the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area' date=' even for the same brand. Of course if that doesn't suit your route, it doesn't help.

The hotels near the terminal (Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Radisson) are nice, but a little pricey at times. If you are willing to drive a mile or so down the road, you'll find better values.[/quote']

Yes, I think that is what we will have to do. We are driving up from South Florida, so maybe we can find a place even farther south than a mile from the port. We are approximately 200 miles from the port area, we could always drive up the same day.

Yes, I think that is what we will have to do. We are driving up from South Florida, so maybe we can find a place even farther south than a mile from the port. We are approximately 200 miles from the port area, we could always drive up the same day.

That's a tough one. You certainly COULD drive up on the morning of the cruise, and 4 hours isn't even a bad drive...provided no huge accidents on the road, flat tires, etc. And of course all will go well 99% of the time. Yeah, I'd stay closer to the port, even if closer is 50 miles away. But that's just me.

That's a tough one. You certainly COULD drive up on the morning of the cruise' date=' and 4 hours isn't even a bad drive...provided no huge accidents on the road, flat tires, etc. And of course all will go well 99% of the time. Yeah, I'd stay closer to the port, even if closer is 50 miles away. But that's just me.[/quote']

Dh and I were discussing it last night, and those are our thoughts exactly! :)

Supply and demand .....

more ships at PC now, and most ships of b4 have been replaced with larger ones .....

Rooms are in more demand as is port parking .... no deals at this time ...

200 miles puts you down Miami way. I live minutes from mile marker 188 on I-95 (lil south of PC) When I sail out of Miami I leave EARLY to give myself a couple of hours of cushion but heck 200 miles at an average speed of 75 (slow for 95 in Miami area) is 2 hours and 45 minutes. If I leave at 7 I'm there b4 the boarding begins and have until 2pm if needed . . . even 70 mph is less than 3 hours and that is the posted limit. (like any one in Miami drives the posted speed limit ;))

but if you really want a simple, and probably less expensive room for the nite b4 look at 95's exit 191 at Wickham Rd in Viera. You've got a Holiday Inn, La Quinta and a Hampton Inn; and slew of places to eat from McD and Cik Fil, to Cracker Barrel, Bonefish Grill and Outback and Melting Pot and many more at the Avenues shopping center a few minutes drive away. You'd be about 15 miles from the port as the crow flies, 20 by quickest route and 25 via 95. There are also a couple of hotels at exit 180 (SR 192) but VERY limited food choices there (Chucky Cheese!)

If you go PAST exit 191 (heading north) there ARE places along 95 .... but I wouldn't stay there if I had a choice ..... at least not until PAST the port and up towards Port St John

or if ya wanna go 'big dog'

http://www.windemereinn.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

Supply and demand .....

more ships at PC now, and most ships of b4 have been replaced with larger ones .....

Rooms are in more demand as is port parking .... no deals at this time ...

200 miles puts you down Miami way. I live minutes from mile marker 188 on I-95 (lil south of PC) When I sail out of Miami I leave EARLY to give myself a couple of hours of cushion but heck 200 miles at an average speed of 75 (slow for 95 in Miami area) is 2 hours and 45 minutes. If I leave at 7 I'm there b4 the boarding begins and have until 2pm if needed . . . even 70 mph is less than 3 hours and that is the posted limit. (like any one in Miami drives the posted speed limit ;))

but if you really want a simple, and probably less expensive room for the nite b4 look at 95's exit 191 at Wickham Rd in Viera. You've got a Holiday Inn, La Quinta and a Hampton Inn; and slew of places to eat from McD and Cik Fil, to Cracker Barrel, Bonefish Grill and Outback and Melting Pot and many more at the Avenues shopping center a few minutes drive away. You'd be about 15 miles from the port as the crow flies, 20 by quickest route and 25 via 95. There are also a couple of hotels at exit 180 (SR 192) but VERY limited food choices there (Chucky Cheese!)

If you go PAST exit 191 (heading north) there ARE places along 95 .... but I wouldn't stay there if I had a choice ..... at least not until PAST the port and up towards Port St John

or if ya wanna go 'big dog'

http://www.windemereinn.com/

Thanks for the detailed info!