Disney Magic Baltic Pricing.

Host Mick

We'll be cruising the Baltic in May aboard the Celebrity Silhouette. I saw that the Disney Magic will also be in the Baltic in May so I logged into the DCL website to see if we would be in any of our ports a the same time. (Spoiler: No)

What I did notice is that the 10 day Baltic for two in a Disney aft veranda stateroom is $10,600.

Our 12 night Celebrity Aft Veranda Stateroom is $4200 for two including unlimited internet and tips.

I didn't think that I'd be posting about DCL pricing in that I have some skin in the game but Wow, it's going to take a whole lot of pixie dust to backfill that $6200 difference.

We had booked the DCL Northern Europe cruise in 2016. Then I found the Princess cruise with essentially he same ports (1 different). An inside on DCL was twice the cost of a balcony on Princess. A balcony on DCL was 4 times the cost of a balcony on Princess! Needless to say, we canceled our inside on DCL and booked Princess instead.

The DCL cruise had booked full within a week of the initial opening. I had to laugh when later the DCL cruise went to *GT status. Seems a lot of those initial bookings canceled. We love DCL, but not at those prices!

This is the reason I ended up on Serenade of the Seas to Norway in August 2015. The price to sail Disney Magic was insane.

Which was fine, we had a wonderful time visiting Norway on Serenade of the Seas.

We finally did get to sail Disney Magic last November, on a more reasonably priced re positioning cruise from NYC to San Juan last November.

This is why I don't blindly stick to any particular cruise line. We have a few cruise lines that we really enjoy sailing, and i'm always happy to try a new cruise line/ship.