Expect Delays At Port Canaveral Today!!!

GTO-Girl

And a reason why you want travel insurance (but read the terms of the policy--sometimes it specifies a number of hours your carrier must be delayed for the policy to take effect.)

Of course, this will result in a spill over effect at the airport. As people miss flights, there will be large numbers of passengers trying to book on small numbers of open departing flights. Good luck, everyone!

So we had some serious pixie dust in our corner Saturday as everything totally lined up for us coming off of Fantasy. Not everyone was so lucky. Originally on an 11:55 flight to Newark. When we had to change due to our anticipated late arrival into port there weren't four together on any flight so we split up. My wife and son on a 2:25 and my daughter and I on a 8:20. Called an hour later and two more opened up on the 8:20 so the four of us could be together. Planned on renting a car for the day and enjoy Orlando. Got off the boat on one of the first groups (we were Concierge) at around 9:30ish and they were pulling everyone to the side who didn't have their bags or had done airline check in. One woman for whatever reason picked us out of the whole group and was able to pull our bags (we had done onboard airline checking) and said that we had take them ourselves since the barcodes no longer were valid. She took us all the way to the front of the cbp line and we were through. We got on the bus and who was in the back on his way home for some well deserved rest? Jimmy the cruise director. We got to the airport at 10:50 and tried to get back on our original flight. The agent checked us thru and our bags and we boogied to the gate. The gate agent then shuffled folks around and got me and my son seated together and my wife and daughter together. We landed at 2. Every single flight after that from Orlando to Newark was delayed due to the weather up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums