Dominican Republic Port

cruiseaway7522

I will be sailing on the Breeze next May 9th 2015 and was booking an excursion through Sevis Tours which provides transportation from the La Romana port. I got an e-mail back from them (Ingren)indicating that Carnival may be docking in Puerto Plata instead next year? Is this true?? If so I need to cancel my excursion. My Itinerary however says La Romana.

I will be sailing on the Breeze next May 9th 2015 and was booking an excursion through Sevis Tours which provides transportation from the La Romana port. I got an e-mail back from them (Ingren)indicating that Carnival may be docking in Puerto Plata instead next year? Is this true?? If so I need to cancel my excursion. My Itinerary however says La Romana.

It is possible that it will be switched. Carnival is building a new port there - see the attached article.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/25/3885807/new-and-larger-ports-in-works.html

But other sites are saying that the work is proceeding on island time, so who knows if it will be ready - quite possibly not. Although perhaps Seavis has better info than us - after all it is their livelihood.

• 1 year later...

We noticed that you were scheduled to be sailing on the Breeze in May, 2015, so you most likely proceeded as planned, but just in case, we would love to provide you with more information regarding the cruise ships coming to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Carnival's Victory ship will take its first voyage to Puerto Plata in October, 2015, and Carnival's ship, Adonia will embark on its first voyage to Puerto Plata in April, 2016 via its new brand Fathom, offering a voluntourism experience.

Below, we have included links to provide additional information.

http://www.insidepuertoplata.com/take-a-cruise-to-puerto-plata-heres-how/

http://www.insidepuertoplata.com/voluntourism-with-a-twist-fathom-impact-travel-comes-to-puerto-plata/