Does Belize Water Taxi stay on schedule?

Decali

My Caye Caulker excursion was cancelled and I really want to go there. The water taxi is my plan B but I've heard that the schedule can be kind of loose. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm in port from 9-6 so that's good but I don't want to spend my whole time there stressing about getting back.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. I'm also worried about the water taxi being on schedule. We're going to Caye Caulker for a shore excursion in January and I'm a bit nervous about being late back to the ship (even though I plan to leave at least 3 hours before).

For the most part yes. The only exception is during bad weather. They might not run on schedule for safety. Easter week is another big week. Also Belize elections, a lot of people move on the water taxi's. We just had one, so not for another 3 years.

Remember there are two water taxis and two airlines if you get into trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
Remember there are two water taxis and two airlines if you get into trouble.

wadethegringo, what is the name of the other water taxi and which one would you recommend for a nervous cruise passenger (not me, but a cruise mate)? I want to tell her, once again, it's not the kiss of death to take the water taxi. Thanks for any info.

http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

The other taxi was Caye Caulker water Taxi. It was taken over and renamed. I walked by it last week but cant remember the name....Did a search online and cant find it yet. It was open and running the day I passed. I will post if I find out more...

Two airlines, Tropic and Maya air. Both have websites....