Looking for a highlights tour - no beach.

HaliMakai

Anyone have any ideas? Would like a look around the island maybe a little shopping, but no beach. The tours via Carnival seem really expensive and you are at the mercy of the group and most include a beach break. Have never been to St. Kitts before and would just like an overview. Thanks

There will be many tour/taxi operators at Port Zante when you leave the ship. Tell them what you want to do about a tour, explaining that you are not interested in the beaches. You should find someone that will accommodate you. For a reference, you can drive around the island in an hour if you skip the SE Peninsula and do not stop.

If you want to pre-book a tour look up Island Paradise Tours or Thenford Grey Tours on Trip Advisor under "Destinations, St. Kitts, Things to Do" (otherwise you can pick up a tour at the port as per paul58's post).

In addition to the above two, you will find a dozen or so tour operators all with tour reviews and web sites (where you can get pricing, details and further information).

All of the operators would appear to provide both private and group sightseeing tours (from 2 to 4 hours in length) with or without beach time (a further 1 to 2 hours).

Additionally you can search these threads for tour information, or search the roll call threads for your sailing and see what other cruisers will be doing.

See which one takes your fancy and have fun whatever you do.

NAGooner

I came here to ask about what to do in St. Kitts, too. So, thanks for asking the question, original poster.

We will be in port on a day when 5 other ships are there, so I decided against just looking for a taxi.

Annie's looks like a great option. Thanks!

Edited by media1966

We loved Royston. We saw all of the island highlights as well as some "off road" adventures. We sent my in-laws on this tour a few years ago and they did not appreciate tiny tiny road that he takes you up for the amazing views of where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean though. MIL is a bit afraid of heights.

He also does volcano hikes if you are into that.

• 3 weeks later...
Last time I was in St Kitts I booked the "Lunch Time Special" tour with Welcome Tours. It was $12 for 1 1/2 hours (actually about 2 hours) and was a great island tour for an extremely cheap price.

I am strongly considering that tour. What sites did you get to see?

I am strongly considering that tour. What sites did you get to see?

This is the only photo I can find from that tour but I can remember that that was a great tour if you wanted one that didn't last all day and wasn't very expensive.

1498836338_IMG_0584(Large).jpg.904b79fcd945fd555e238892144d3d22.jpg

Hi.

We have also never been to St.Kitts and thinking about a tour.

No I don´t know which one to take.

Annie´s or Thenford ?????

I got a response from both and they offer nearly the same, the price is also nealry the same ( 48 $ and 45 $ ).

We do want an island tour but no beach...and shopping after the tour.

We will be in port from 10-6.

Any help to make a descision ???

Greets, Nadine

Hi.

We have also never been to St.Kitts and thinking about a tour.

No I don´t know which one to take.

Annie´s or Thenford ?????

I got a response from both and they offer nearly the same, the price is also nealry the same ( 48 $ and 45 $ ).

We do want an island tour but no beach...and shopping after the tour.

We will be in port from 10-6.

Any help to make a descision ???

Greets, Nadine

Would not recommend Welcome Tours- too many complaints about her.

I would recommend Annie, I was on a tour with her last year an she has a real passion for the island. She has a 11 seater mini van very clean. She does use her husband to do tours as well.

Never used Thenford for any tours.

Would not recommend Welcome Tours- too many complaints about her.

I would recommend Annie, I was on a tour with her last year an she has a real passion for the island. She has a 11 seater mini van very clean. She does use her husband to do tours as well.

Never used Thenford for any tours.

I don't know where you heard about complaints about Welcome tours. They are listed on Trip Advisor as 6th best tours in St Kitts and Annie's is listed as 8th best. Welcome has 300 more excellent reviews than Annie's has.

I don't know where you heard about complaints about Welcome tours. They are listed on Trip Advisor as 6th best tours in St Kitts and Annie's is listed as 8th best. Welcome has 300 more excellent reviews than Annie's has.

I booked with Welcome Tours- Beulah Mills last year for my excursion. She contacted us a week before the trip and cancelled the tour, which is how I ended up using Annie. Do some research on this forum and you will find the same issues with other cruisers. You may need to go back a few pages, but she is not reliable.

Annie owns her 2 vans, and takes great pride is showing off her country. She takes her time and gives you a true understanding of the island and the history. Her average island tour takes about 3 hours to complete.

Beulah, does not own any of her vehicles and relies on the left over taxi drivers that did not get work for that day. She undercuts everyone, and the drivers rush through the tour to get back in port and find more work.

It really comes down to what experience you want and what you want to pay. Cheaper is not always better.