Changing chartered flights

plumduff68

Morning all

does anyone know if once booked you can change your chartered flight? We are currently booked with Thomson but considering changing (if we can) to Thomas Cook. Whilst I appreciate that actual aircraft sometimes have to be changed at the last minute for usually technical issues - I am not liking that P&O are changing from the Dreamliner in advance rather from necessity.

Anyone got any thoughts on the pros and cons of Thomas Cook too?

Thanks

Morning all

does anyone know if once booked you can change your chartered flight? We are currently booked with Thomson but considering changing (if we can) to Thomas Cook. Whilst I appreciate that actual aircraft sometimes have to be changed at the last minute for usually technical issues - I am not liking that P&O are changing from the Dreamliner in advance rather from necessity.

Anyone got any thoughts on the pros and cons of Thomas Cook too?

Thanks

Is this a fly cruise booking with P&O that they have advised you will be travelling on with Thompson?

If that's the case then I doubt you will be able to change to another airline unless there is a suitable alternative that P&O have a contract with to fly their cruise customers to/from the port of departure.

As for P&O changing from a Dreamliner flight, that won't be their decision, that's the airlines choice. P&O just charter a flight and the airline determine what aircraft will operate that route.

As for Thomas Cook, we have used their long haul premium service and considered it good value taking into consideration the supplement paid.

Yes you can change your chartered flight, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve. We have recently changed our departure airport with great ease. Andy at P&O was excellent in offering us a preferable alternative; it was a painless experience.

But you may not be able to swap charter airlines; and it may not be worth the fuss either. If you ring P&O, they will let you know if it is possible.

not sure what you are not happy with here. you want to change from thomson to thomas cook because they are not using the dreamliner. is this correct. if so thomas cook use airbus a330`s for the caribbean flights. so if thomson have changed aircraft from dreamliner then they will probably use a330. sorry if i have read this wrong but your post isnt clear. (for me anyway)

on another note to anyone else getting in a pickle about the type of aircraft involved the dreamliner is an aeroplane that safely gets you to your destination as do other makes. we were on it in november 2016 to barbados and it wasnt wow or anything to write about. people rave about them but its just like any other long haul flight.

on another note to anyone else getting in a pickle about the type of aircraft involved the dreamliner is an aeroplane that safely gets you to your destination as do other makes. we were on it in november 2016 to barbados and it wasnt wow or anything to write about. people rave about them but its just like any other long haul flight.

Totally agree. We weren't wowed, in fact the inbound flight on the dreamliner was very uncomfortable. I want my aircraft to be safe first and foremost. You can keep your fancy lighting and mellow colour schemes.

Anybody changing from Thomson to Thomas Cook obviously has not done much long haul flying unless of course you have paid the premium to get a bit of leg room.

It's a no-brainer to stick with Thomson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums