Adding another passenger to an existing booking

Deeliteful

Hi all

Wondered if anyone knows the answer to this as I can't call right now as I'm mid-flight.

I have a booking in early May on the Azura booked balcony cabin as a solo but may now bring my niece with me. Will they charge me any extra for this ( I am already paying for a twin cabin).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Pat

Hi deeliteful I think you will have to pay the admin fee for doing the alterations to the booking,there might also be an increase of the total cost if you didn't pay double the amount for solo use

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Humpy.

I was expecting to pay just an admin fee having already paid 100% supplement but asked for another £400 plus by TA. This would make the cabin £300+ over the current balcony price so not happy.

Hoping I can speak to someone sensible today!

I have done this in the past by adding my daughter to my solo use double cabin. Generally you will be charged for a Booking Amendment (Section 12 of contract) £30 nowadays, I believe. In addition you may have to pay "Port Fees" extra, which are less than the £30 for each port. These fees are rolled into everyone's fare so they may be waived.

If your niece is younger that 18 you will still be charged full adult rate and might need extra documentation from parents.

I should phone P&O customer services direct for a ruling on the official procedure and policy as your travel agent might be pulling a fast one.,.

Regards John

Thanks John

Unfortunately Customer Services are not being very helpful either and say it is going to another £400+ - the guy just keeps repeating himself and doesn't seem to know what 100% single supplement is.

If this was the US or even a US ship - I could cancel the booking and just re-book but it's not.

I am now waiting for a supervisor to call me back (he initially said within 24 hours!) I said not good enough I want to talk to someone within an hour.

Getting very frustrated. Now I know why I havent cruised with P&O for about 10 years. :mad:

When we have booked a twin cabin for my son (aged 24) we don't actually pay 100% single, i.e. 2 x full fare, it is usually around 1 full fare plus 60%/70% of the full fare, so the £400 may be the difference, hopefully P&O can sort it for you.