Burgeaux Bay beach beside Maho beach, anyone tried it?

BBcruiser14

Hey guys

Has anyone ever been to Burgeaux Bay beach, just beside Maho beach? I'm taking my four year old to maho as shes obsessed with planes but think we might try this one too if Maho is beyond packed. I think I've got the name right, I've only just discovered it.

Is it easy to get to from Maho, or is the beach worth going to?

Hey guys

Has anyone ever been to Burgeaux Bay beach, just beside Maho beach? I'm taking my four year old to maho as shes obsessed with planes but think we might try this one too if Maho is beyond packed. I think I've got the name right, I've only just discovered it.

Is it easy to get to from Maho, or is the beach worth going to?

Good thing that you asked.

This is one unswimmable beach!

Try Mullet out Simpson Bay if you want a beach near Maho.

Try the area near the smaller beach bar at Maho if you want to avoid the busiest part of Maho.

This is one unswimmable beach!

Curious why you say the small beach in this bay is unswimmable. Entry/exit can take some care because of rocks - but do you think it that much harder than Plum Bay? I thought there was at least a couple places where it was not that hard to enter/exit. Have not been there in years - maybe gotten harder?

Curious why you say the small beach in this bay is unswimmable. Entry/exit can take some care because of rocks - but do you think it that much harder than Plum Bay? I thought there was at least a couple places where it was not that hard to enter/exit. Have not been there in years - maybe gotten harder?

Not large slabs of rocks but ankle twister sized rocks need to be crossed to swim at Boudreaux Bay. I have only been there a few times and all within the last few years. I have also been on many boat tours that passed this beach and have never seen anyone swimming there. On the other hand, I think that Plum Bay is a lovely beach. I have never had an issue getting in the water at Plum Bay and usually visit it at least once while on each vacation.

I don't remember any problem entering the water or with the beach at Plum, but Baie Rouge has some impressive rocks to navigate for entry.

I've only been to Burgeaux once, to visit a place a friend has there. Wasn't impressed with the beach, but it had a great view.

Her place was farther down the beach from this, and it wasn't windy the day I was there, but here's a video I found on YouTube.

rOmafykTaP8

gary

I don't remember any problem entering the water or with the beach at Plum, but Baie Rouge has some impressive rocks to navigate for entry.

I've only been to Burgeaux once, to visit a place a friend has there. Wasn't impressed with the beach, but it had a great view.

Her place was farther down the beach from this, and it wasn't windy the day I was there, but here's a video I found on YouTube.

rOmafykTaP8

gary

Thanks Gary. Yeah it was the view and photo ops I was really after the beach for. Plus somewhere quiter after the mayhem of Maho, it seems like we'll be there at the busiest time.

Not large slabs of rocks but ankle twister sized rocks need to be crossed to swim at Boudreaux Bay. I have only been there a few times and all within the last few years. I have also been on many boat tours that passed this beach and have never seen anyone swimming there. On the other hand, I think that Plum Bay is a lovely beach. I have never had an issue getting in the water at Plum Bay and usually visit it at least once while on each vacation.

Hmm no I think I'll skip it now that you've replied lol. I can see the disaster already with a four year old in tow. 🙈

I'll check out plum bay . Thanks 😁

Now, I will have to check out Burgeaux next month when we are there. My memory was that it was similar to Plum (to which we have been much more often and frequently) in terms of the rocks along the edge of the water for a lot of the beach.

Now, I will have to check out Burgeaux next month when we are there. My memory was that it was similar to Plum (to which we have been much more often and frequently) in terms of the rocks along the edge of the water for a lot of the beach.

The picture that Gary showed was nicer than any of the times that I have seen it so you may get lucky. Either way you will most likely have the beach to yourself which is nice. :)

Let us know how you found it.

From the pictures I've seen it does look nice, but looks like there are quite a lot of rocks at the waters edge. Don't think it would be worth me trying to take my four year old in and out