Eclipse - deck 6 - obstructed cabins

Peggy Sue

HI,

Anyone have any experience with Eclipse balcony cabins on dec six obstructed view? We booked a cabin near the aft elevators (right after the hump) and I just noticed when reviewing the dec plan that our cabin has an obstructed view. I called celebrity to find out exactly what the obstruction is and was advised it was obstructed for looking down, but unobstructed horizon view. I understand the life boats are below us, but the question I have, that the rep could not answer; Is the lifeboat visible below the balcony railing and impact viewing the horizon when seated? Is the lifeboat totally below the balcony?

Thanks!

HI,

Anyone have any experience with Eclipse balcony cabins on dec six obstructed view? We booked a cabin near the aft elevators (right after the hump) and I just noticed when reviewing the dec plan that our cabin has an obstructed view. I called celebrity to find out exactly what the obstruction is and was advised it was obstructed for looking down, but unobstructed horizon view. I understand the life boats are below us, but the question I have, that the rep could not answer; Is the lifeboat visible below the balcony railing and impact viewing the horizon when seated? Is the lifeboat totally below the balcony?

Thanks!

I've sailed both 2C (partial obstruction) and 2D (Obstructed View) cabins on Solstice class. In a 2C you'll look out across the top of a lifeboat. It's not in your view when looking straight out whether seated or standing. A 2D likely has a davit for a the lifeboat that is about equal tot he height of the railing. None of the obstructions is of a nature that influences the enjoyment of the balcony. The one exception may be if you're booking a balcony with the idea of photography of scenery, then a 2D may present an issue, or even a 2C with the bright orange below the cabin. But for normal use of a balcony, the "obstruction" is no issue, especially given the lower price.

Harris

Denver, CO

We were on deck 7 aft just after the bump. We looked down to see where the life boats are and the top of the life boats are just about level with the floor of the balcony on deck 6. But there are these white columns on the front and back holding up the life boats. Those are taller than the life boats and I think you could see it, but only on certain balcony. Probably every 3 or 4.

Thank you! We did find a video of our exact cabin and found the obstruction to be much more than we anticipated .. so we have switched to deck 10 .. on a 14 night cruise we plan to use our balcony and decided to spend a bit more.

Thanks again for your excellent suggestions!