Just back from 5 day cruise on Conquest to Jaimaca and Grand Cayman

We had a grand ocean suite on the 7th floor in the middle of the ship which made it easy to get around the ship. Really enjoyed all the room in the suite. The excursion we took to StingRay City in Grand Cayman was amazing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This is the trip I'm doing next month. Can you share any feedback about any of the shows? How was the muster drill held? Did you get your S&as card at checkin or was it in your mailbox? Thanks[emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have heard that the Conquest requires you to choose between daytime/nightime/or both for stateroom service. If this is true, at what time do you request the stateroom service....is it before you cruise or after you board and you have to fill out a form or something?

Thanks

This is the trip I'm doing next month. Can you share any feedback about any of the shows? How was the muster drill held? Did you get your S&as card at checkin or was it in your mailbox? Thanks[emoji846]

We enjoyed all of the shows except Flick which seemed to drag on. Muster drill start at 3:35 pm and lasted about 40 minutes. We got our S&S card at check in although I saw that many others got theirs in the mailbox.

BTW-FTTF was well worth it as we got access to our room right away and our luggage arrived by 12:45 pm. When going to 6 pm dinner I noted that there were quite a few dollies full of luggage throughout the ship.

I have heard that the Conquest requires you to choose between daytime/nightime/or both for stateroom service. If this is true, at what time do you request the stateroom service....is it before you cruise or after you board and you have to fill out a form or something?

Thanks

We met our room steward (Voltor, who was very good) and he asked us our preference the first day. We chose both.

I highly encourage anyone coming from the North to make sure that you and your children drink plenty of water throughout your cruise. We came across a young girl in Grand Cayman who appeared to be experiencing heat exhaustion which typically takes 3 or 4 days to occur. I spoke to mom to help calm her down (one of my sons had it a few years ago at DisneyWorld) and the facility was able to stabilize her before transporting her and her parents back to the ship.

Who did you book the stingray city with?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked the excursion with Carnival. It also included the giant sea turtle farm which was also very good albeit a little too long. I would have preferred to spend more time with the rays. You have to be back onboard at 3:30 pm so you run the risk of missing the boat if you go with a non-Carnival tour operator. We got back on the boat around 2:45 pm which allowed for a late lunch.

We are going on this exact cruise, what excursions did you do in Jamaica. We are planning on the Stingray and turtle one.

We did not do an excursion in Jaimaica. Rather we chose to walk into down town to do some shopping. You experience quite a few people trying to sell you "tours" such as $15 per person to take you on a tour of local gardens, schools, etc. On the way back the same guy who refers to himself as Nelson Mandela (slight resemblance, but I thought it was disrespectful to someone who did so much for South Africa), offered us the same tour for $60 (same price he quoted earlier). The excursions didn't really interest us and we were back on a half empty ship by 12 pm ship time.

I would highly recommend that eveyone download the Carnival Hub app prior to boarding the ship. Even if you don't have WiFI you can still see what's happening on board, menus, etc.

The same for mobile passport which the lines upon disembarkation are very light which can save you upwards of an hour clearing customs which may you book a late morning flight, particularly if you have FTTF.

Thanks

We had aft-wrap balcony 6483...fantastic cabin. Wasn't asked about stateroom service. Received morning cleaning and evening turndown.

I would highly recommend that eveyone download the Carnival Hub app prior to boarding the ship. Even if you don't have WiFI you can still see what's happening on board, menus, etc.

The same for mobile passport which the lines upon disembarkation are very light which can save you upwards of an hour clearing customs which may you book a late morning flight, particularly if you have FTTF.

I highly recommend Mobile Passport. We got off ship and zipped by hundreds of others in the regular line...right to the front. 5 minutes, tops.

If you need to get to airport after cruise, skip the cruise shuttle which charges $18/person. Taxi stand is across the street right at the terminal...total cost for two with tip, $20.

Hello,

What is the Mobile Passport? Is it an app? or part of the Carnival Hub app?

I highly recommend Mobile Passport. We got off ship and zipped by hundreds of others in the regular line...right to the front. 5 minutes, tops.

If you need to get to airport after cruise, skip the cruise shuttle which charges $18/person. Taxi stand is across the street right at the terminal...total cost for two with tip, $20.

Hello,

What is the Mobile Passport? Is it an app? or part of the Carnival Hub app?

Search for it in the Apps store. I would recommend taking pictures of each party traveling with you as well as either scanning or inputting passport information prior to your trip. You have to complete the rest within four hours of departing from ship.

• 1 month later...
We had aft-wrap balcony 6483...fantastic cabin. Wasn't asked about stateroom service. Received morning cleaning and evening turndown.

Was there any noise from the Degas lounge? Does the bed face the windows or the wall?? We have that cabin in Oct, can't seem to find any pics anywhere. Thank you!!