Mediterranea Cruz to Venice Airport

TNCruzer56

We have just come back from the Mediterranea cruise that starts and finishes in Venice.

The ship docks at 9.00am but I think the earliest you are allowed off is 9.30am.

I also remember seeing in the daily newsletter that non-european guests had to wait until 10.00am to collect there passports from the Guest Service Desk.

Marco Polo airport is only a 20min taxi ride for 40 Euro and I remember seeing people picked up from just outside the baggage reclamation hall. Otherwise you take the people mover ( another 10 - 15min ) to the Piazza Roma and get a taxi or bus from there.

Personally I would think it would be too tight to make an 11.30am flight.....but I like a stress free holiday. :)

• 3 weeks later...
We have just come back from the Mediterranea cruise that starts and finishes in Venice.

The ship docks at 9.00am but I think the earliest you are allowed off is 9.30am.

I also remember seeing in the daily newsletter that non-european guests had to wait until 10.00am to collect there passports from the Guest Service Desk.

Marco Polo airport is only a 20min taxi ride for 40 Euro and I remember seeing people picked up from just outside the baggage reclamation hall. Otherwise you take the people mover ( another 10 - 15min ) to the Piazza Roma and get a taxi or bus from there.

Personally I would think it would be too tight to make an 11.30am flight.....but I like a stress free holiday. :)

I think it's a little too tight but I know Costa will accommodate people who need to catch a flight at a certain time by letting them off the ship first.

Thank you for the feed-back. Costa CS tells me that they do not routinely hold up US passports and we`ll have our carry on`s as we are non-revs-(our son is a pilot for US Air (They have 1 flight a day back to the U.S. and it`s at 11:30AM.) We will be checked in and boarding passes will be on my cell phone, thus we go straight to security. My question is:

How long to get though security?

Thank you for the feed-back. Costa CS tells me that they do not routinely hold up US passports and we`ll have our carry on`s as we are non-revs-(our son is a pilot for US Air (They have 1 flight a day back to the U.S. and it`s at 11:30AM.) We will be checked in and boarding passes will be on my cell phone, thus we go straight to security. My question is:

It all depends on Italian Immigration. They may be late, they may be on time. Its not unusual to have people ask to skip the line to get thru security ASAP.

. My question is:

.....and the question is;

How many ships are there at port that day??

If your ship is coming in late they have do dock at "the wrong end", and there will be a long walk to the taxies, if there are any left.....

I was in Venzia last july, and it was a chaos with four ship, and we off the ship around 10.30....:rolleyes: